Pets can offer us so much, so they deserve our care and respect. On these pages, you'll find everything you need to know about how to care for your pet and keep them healthy, happy and safe all year round - whether it's a dog, a cat or a bearded dragon!
How our pets help us
Whichever animals we choose to spend our lives with, it's amazing how much they can offer us:
- Owning a pet can keep you healthy by boosting your immune system and encouraging you to get regular exercise.
- Older people walk faster and for longer when they regularly walk their dogs and have better mobility in their homes.
- Growing up with pets may improve children's social skills and encourage childhood responsibility.
- Pets can also encourage children to develop compassion, understanding and respect for living things.
- Dogs can be trained to detect drugs, explosives and diseases such as cancer.
- Cats have incredible hearing and can detect higher frequencies of sound than humans or even dogs.
Expert pet care advice
Whether you're an experienced cat owner or are thinking of buying a puppy, we all need some advice from time to time. Take a look around the links below and you'll discover all you need to know to keep your pet healthy and happy. Or sign up to our monthly e-newsletter and get advice, news and more direct to your inbox!