We’re one of the world’s largest animal welfare organisations. But if it wasn’t for the generosity of supporters like you, we wouldn’t exist.
Can you help fund our vital work?
For every £1 given to us
- 82p is spent on animal welfare
- 1p is spent on governance
- 17p is spent raising the next £1
So how does your donation help?
Your donations help us investigate complaints of cruelty, rescue animals from suffering and neglect, care for them and find them loving new homes. For example:
£10 could help to provide a day’s board for a horse who has suffered cruel treatment.
£25 could help kit out an inspector with hard hat, boots and life jacket.
£50 could help equip an inspector’s van with an animal first aid kit, pet carrier and animal-catching set.
For more than 180 years we have been working to relieve the suffering of animals. We only exist because of public donations. Our £120 million annual costs are supported by donations and legacies from animal lovers. Thanks to you, we can keep on fighting cruelty - in all its forms.
And that’s just for starters...
Your money also helps us achieve so much more in other areas of our work, such as:
- Prosecution - the power to prosecute those who abuse animals.
- Changing the law - lobbying for improvements in the law to protect animals, such as the milestone 2006 Animal Welfare Act.
- Special undercover operations to expose abuses like dog fighting and bird trapping.
- Education - educating the next generation to care for animals through our new interactive website, linked to the national curriculum.
If you want to protect animals from cruelty, make a donation now. Thank you.