Giving more with Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a simple tax efficient way of making your donation to help animals go further.

Rolo the dog with his owner © RSPCA

If you're a UK Taxpayer then we can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your donation, so for every £1 donated to help animals we can reclaim an extra 25p from the HMRC - at no extra cost to you.

For example if you donate:

  • £20 with Gift Aid we can claim an extra £5* on your donation, increasing your donation to £25
  • £100 with Gift Aid we can claim an extra £25* on your donation, increasing your donation to £125!

Add Gift Aid to your donation today

* This is the amount of Income or Capital Gains Tax that you must have or will pay in a Tax Year (6 April to 5 April).

Can I give Gift Aid if I'm a Pensioner?

Income from State pensions alone is unlikely to qualify as you would need to earn above the personal allowance threshold (currently £11,850 for 2018/19 Tax year) to pay income tax.

If the State Pension is your only source of income, we'd always advise that you check with your local tax office before completing a declaration. If you have a private or company pension plan then chances are you will be paying Tax on this income, you would need to check with your Pension provider on how much tax you pay.

How to claim Gift aid

All you need to do is complete a Gift Aid Declaration for us when donating. Once we receive your completed declaration we can claim Gift Aid on all qualifying donations made in the past four years as well as all future donations.

If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

The HMRC require that we remind you that if you have paid less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference to the HMRC.

How to amend your Gift Aid declaration

Please notify our Supporter Services if you want to cancel your declaration, change your name or home address, no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

You can contact them by:

  • Telephone: 0300 123 0346 (09h00-17h00 Monday to Friday)
  • Email:
  • Post: RSPCA, Supporter Services, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham RH13 9RS

If you require any further information about Gift Aid please visit the GOV.UK website.

Did you know you can Gift Aid any goods you donate?

You can also Gift Aid donated goods to our shops or branches, simply ask one of the staff members for further information when you drop off your donated goods.

Search for your local charity shop