null What we use your information for
What we use your information for
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected unless otherwise stated or communicated with you. We will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
The law requires us to only process personal data where we have a valid legal basis for doing so. You can find out more information on the different legal bases that we rely upon.
We may use your information for the following purposes
We may use your information for the following purposes (your information might not be used for all the reasons set out as it will depend on your relationship with us):-
Animal welfare purposes
- Responding to a concern about animal welfare reported to us or request for help with an animal
- Rehoming or fostering an animal from us, including home checks
- Providing subsidised veterinary services.
- Processing and administering your donation, including processing Gift Aid, where applicable
- Providing you with the goods or services you have requested or paid for which may include complaint handling
- Administering our website, and monitoring and tracking its use to enable us to improve user experience
- Keeping a record of your relationship with us
- Administering legacies
- Understanding how we can improve our services, products or information, including inviting you to participate in surveys or research activities
- Managing your communication preferences, including marketing preferences
- To process a job, volunteering or apprenticeship application
- Administering your membership and keeping our register of RSPCA and branch members up to date
- Analysing our legacy promises alongside our future financial planning.
Marketing and fundraising
- Keeping you up to date with the work we do (relating to our work both in the UK and abroad) and asking for financial and non-financial support
- Telling you about how you can support the RSPCA by volunteering your time or using your influence to progress our aims;
- Sending you details of products you can buy from our online shop and giving you information on similar products if you have already purchased from us;
- Inviting you to events and to take part in campaigns and support our advocacy work;
- Managing your communication preferences, including marketing preferences;
- When you provide RTL (the trading company that outsources the running of our online shop) with your data it will be held and processed by RTL and the RSPCA us and depending on the communication preferences you select when registering your details, it may prompt us to contact you for fundraising and marketing purposes too. RTL will not use your personal data for any other purpose unless you explicitly instruct it to do so;
- In limited circumstances, we may also use publicly available information to create a profile of your interests and preferences in order to understand the level of support you may potentially be able to give us. You can find out more information about making our work more unique to you.
Where we are required by law
- Complying with charity law
- Managing our people and events safely and ensuring we are inclusive and in line with provisions in the Equality Act 2010
- Microchipping animals
- Assisting the police or any other regulatory or government authorities investigating suspected illegal activities.
You decide how you want us to contact you, whether by post, email, phone or text message and you can update your communication preferences at any time by telling us when things change. From time to time we may also send you a communication asking you to confirm whether you still wish to hear from us or to update and refresh your communication preferences.