null What personal information we collect about you
What personal information we collect about you
We may collect personal information about you when you:
- ask about our activities
- register with us for information
- use our veterinary services
- sign up for publications or newsletters
- volunteer or fundraise for us
- pledge or make a donation or sign up for an event
- become involved in one of our campaigns
- rehome, adopt or foster an animal from us
- register for home for life
- purchase an item from the online shop or mail order catalogue
- telephone, write, contact us online or text us or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
This can include information such as your name, communication preferences, email address, postal address, IP address, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth or bank account details so we can process donations, or information as to whether you are a taxpayer to help us to claim gift aid. In some cases we may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
We may also hold personal/sensitive personal information in connection with our law enforcement activities, for example in the event that you make a report about alleged animal cruelty offences.
We do not collect sensitive personal information about our supporters unless there is a clear reason for doing so, for example, relating to your health, and only where appropriate - such as participation in a marathon or similar fundraising event, or where we need to ensure that we provide appropriate support to enable you to participate in an event or support us in some other way.
We will only collect sensitive personal data with the supporters consent, and clear notices will be provided on applications for events and other relevant forms and communications, so you know what information we need and why we need it.