Icelandic Lava Challenge | Trekking | RSPCA - RSPCA
Icelandic Lava Trek
About this event
The duration may be short, but the days are long and the terrain is very challenging, with steep climbs and rough descents. In addition, you’ll also be in charge of setting up and breaking down camp, making this a truly tough challenge. But don’t fear - on completing your challenge you have the chance rest aching limbs in the famous Blue Lagoon.
Why take on the triple challenge?
- Trek 58 kms through one of the planet’s most volcanic regions
- Weave through vast steaming lava fields
- Walk against a background of multi-coloured rocks
- Camp in some of Europe’s most spectacular and unusual terrain
- Bathe aching limbs in the Blue Lagoon
How we'll support you
- Team Animal trekking t-shirt made out of recycled plastic bottles
- Dedicated fundraising support from our friendly events team
- Fundraising materials to help you reach your target
- Helpful training advice for your trek
- A Facebook page to chat with your fellow trekkers
Sumatra Jungle Challenge
Experience the sights and sounds of the rainforest and trek through the forest, home to the Sumatran orangutan.
Welsh 3000’s Challenge
A challenge for experienced walkers, the Welsh 3000’s sees participants climb all 15 peaks over 3000ft in Wales covering just over 45km in three days.