Ask us a question
You asked us...
Below you'll find the answers to some of our commonly asked questions. If you're concerned about the welfare of an animal find out more about how to report an animal in distress.
I want to adopt an animal
Great! There are lots of animals looking for new homes in our animal centres and branches.
Here's a quick guide on how to adopt an animal from us:
- Step 1 - Find each other online
- Step 2 - Complete an application form
- Step 3 - Visit your local animal centre
- Step 4 - Meet one of our adoption support volunteers
- Step 5 - Bring your new family member home
I want to give up my pet
We need to be sure there are enough spaces in our centres to take in animals rescued from cruelty and neglect. Sadly, this means our centres are not able to take in stray animals or unwanted pets.
However, there are other charities who may be able to help.
I've found a lost pet
There's nothing more frightening than losing a pet, but there are lots of things you can do to help reunite lost pets with their owners.
- Ring local vets and rescue centres.
- Ask local vets to scan them for a chip.
- Create a found poster and place around the local area.
- Check listings and add details on missing pet websites such as Animal Search UK.
I want to volunteer
Fantastic news! Volunteering is a great way of helping animal welfare and can be very rewarding.
Once you've found the vacancy that's right for you simply follow the instructions on how to apply.
I want to fundraise
Fundraising for us raises vital funds that help us rescue, rehabilitate and rehome thousands of animals every year.
Whether you want to run in a marathon or organise your own fundraising event - we've go plenty of ideas to help get you started.
We're here to help you with your fundraising. If you have a question, call us on
I want to work for you
By choosing a career with us you'll be helping to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals.
As well as our officers, veterinarians and grooms we have jobs for scientists, journalists, administrators, fundraisers, campaigners, IT specialists and more. And they all have one goal in mind - to improve animal welfare.
All of our job vacancies are listed on our website as well as information about what it's like to work for us.
I want some animal care advice
For up-to-date guidance on caring for pets, farm animals and wildlife check out our advice and welfare pages.
Here you'll find information such as:
- How to help injured wild animals
- What to do with orphaned wild animals
- Everything you need to know about vaccinating your pet
- Top tips on getting rid of fleas.
If you're concerned about the health of your pet, if their behaviour has changed or they seem unwell please contact your vet.
I want help with veterinary fees
I want to amend my donation or my details
If you have any queries about your donation and wish to speak to us, or want to let us know of a change in your details, please contact us via any of the ways below and we'll do our very best to help.
0300 123 0346(lines open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Email the team at: email@example.com
- Write to us at: RSPCA Supporter Services Wilberforce Way Southwater Horsham West Sussex RH13 9RS
Still need to ask us a question?
If you've been unable to find the answer to your question here, don't worry we're here to help.
Simply complete our online enquiry form and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Alternatively you can write to us at:
RSPCA Advice Team, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1GY