Donating through your salary
Payroll Giving (also known as Give As You Earn) is a simple way to make regular donations to us straight from your salary. You can donate as much or as little you like and you can stop your donation at any time. Best of all, it's tax free - so every £1 you give will only cost you 80p (or if you're a higher rate tax payer, 60p).
By donating through your Payroll you will be helping us to rescue and care for animals in need and to educate and inspire people to stand up for and act on behalf of animals - just like you.
How does it work
- It's very quick and easy. All you need to do is complete this simple online form.
- Your employer will deduct your donation from your salary before tax, no need to share your bank details with us.
- Changes are easy to make through your work's Payroll Department.
How much will you give?
We rely on public donations and promise to never give up trying to protect animals in need. Payroll Giving is the most tax effective way to give, here are some examples of how much it will cost you.
Amount you give each payday
Cost to a 40% tax payer:
Cost to a standard 20% tax payer:
How your regular donation will help the RSPCA
- £5 could help provide treats or toys for a cat or dog
- £10 could help to provide a day's board for a horse who has suffered cruel treatment
- £20 could help feed some of the wild animals in our care
- £50 could help towards emergency medical treatment for a sick animal
However much you choose to give, you can be sure it will help us to reach animals suffering neglect or cruelty and offer them a second chance in life.
By setting up a donation through your salary you can help us to stop animal cruelty.
In 2019 we:
- found new homes for 39,178 animals
- carried out 218,939 microchippings, neuterings and treatments
- took in over 17,500 animals to our wildlife centres
- investigated more than 93,362 complaints of alleged cruelty
- secured 1,425 convictions by private prosecution to protect animals against those who break the laws
I donate monthly through my payroll - it was really easy to set up and because the payment is taken pre-tax, it's the most cost effective way to give. I chose the RSPCA because the work they do is wonderful - they are there for the pets we love but also for our precious wildlife. They rescue, rehabilitate and rehome or release and I love to think I am helping them to do that, in some small way.
Kim - RSPCA Payroll Giver
If you have any questions about Payroll Giving please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I signed up for Payroll Giving because it is a simple and tax effective way of donating to a charity close to my heart. The sign-up process is incredibly quick and easy, and as the donation comes straight out of my salary each month everything is done for me. There is strength in numbers and If we all chip in with a tiny amount of our salary each month we can make a huge difference.
Jack - RSPCA Payroll Giver