Our latest news stories from the past month.
- Cruelly dumped Stanley the Staffie has finally be rehomed
23.12.14 - Staffordshire bull terrier Stanley who was dumped like a 'bag of bones' has finally found his forever home after 200 days of waiting.
- Hen-credible! We appeal for new homes for hundreds of hens
More than 200 hens in Dorset are searching for new homes for Christmas.
- Our young photographer competition winners revealed
An image of a seal on a pebbled beach glistening in the first hints of morning sun has scooped first prize in our photography competition that focuses on young talent.
- Munchkin on yellow brick road to recovery
A one-eyed kitten named Munchkin who has had a hard year, has now found his forever home where he can spend Christmas.
- We shake up Christmas
If you thought 2012’s ‘The Snowman and the Snowdog’ was a tear-jerker, our brand new video ‘The Snowglobe’ will leave you in more of a puddle than a snowman.
- TV presenter calls for stiffer penalties for puppy farmers
Animal loving TV presenter Paul O'Grady has spoken out at his disgust at the shocking conditions puppy farms dogs are forced to endure.
- We issue weather bomb warning
As the weather bomb hits the UK and temperatures take a turn for the worse we're offering advice to animal lovers.
- We appeal to find man on CCTV assaulting dog in Bolton
We are appealing for information after a dog was captured being kicked in the face by a man on CCTV.
- Shock as chameleon falls from tree in Southampton
A chameleon who had been missing for two months was discoveerd by passers-by after he fell out of a tree in Southampton on Wednesday, 3 December.
- This little piggy went for a swim
A piglet caused quite a splash when he went for a swim at the weekend, and we had to rescue him!
- Nearly a third of parents pestered for puppies as presents
We're warning against the perils of the puppy trade this Christmas, after new polling figures revealed nearly a third of parents have been pestered for a pet by their children.
- Young talent get snap happy for photography awards
An adder basking in the sunshine, a seal rolling around in the sand and a goose in the autumn air are just some of the shots that have made it through to the shortlist of this year’s Young Photographer Awards.
- Puppy Poppet finds new home after being dumped in Essex
A poorly puppy dumped on an Essex doorstep has recovered and is now enjoying a second chance at life in her new home in Somerset after an overwhelming response.
- Speaking up for puppies in Wales
RSPCA Cymru is calling on its supporters to urge Assembly Members to vote in favour of new dog breeding regulations.
- We rescue birds from oil catastrophe
Our officers are continuing to rescue ducks and moorhens from a pond after a drum of hydraulic oil was dumped in the water earlier in the week.
- We celebrate at the Animal Hero Awards
A life-saving deaf Springer Spaniel and one of our team members who helps vulnerable people and their pets were named animal heroes at our dazzling awards ceremony last night Wednesday, 26 November.
- Handsworth man arrested following Channel 4 documentary
A 44-year-old man from Handsworth, Birmingham, has been arrested following a joint investigation between us and West Midlands Police into organised dog fighting, following a Channel 4 documentary.
- Wildlife centre heaving with hoards of hedgehogs
24.12.14 - Could a milder winter be to blame for a large number of hedgehogs admitted to our West Hatch Wildlife Centre?