Our latest news stories from the past month.
- Our urgent Homes for Horses appeal launches
We’re launching an urgent appeal for homes for horses, ponies and donkeys as the number in our care exceeds 600
- Injured badger who lost his stripes is making a recovery
An injured rare albino badger has been admitted to our West Hatch Wildlife Centre to be nursed back to health.
- Beautiful brindles take 50 per cent longer to rehome
It takes an average of 21 days longer to rehome a brindle dogs than it does other colours in our rehoming centres.
- Tiny orphaned fox cub nursed back to health
A tiny fox cub that was mistaken for a puppy by rescuers is being taken care of at our West Hatch Animal Centre.
- Celebrities announced for new ITV show 'Give A Pet A Home'
Six celebrities have been announced to join Amanda Holden brand new six-part series on ITV.
- Leeds man given 12-year ban and suspended jail sentence
A man from Leeds has been given a 12-year ban and a suspended jail sentence for animal welfare offences.
- Mother and daughter cats dumped in box find happy new home
A mother and daughter pair of cats who were dumped in a cardboard box with nothing but a note have found new homes.
- We welcome the passing of new 'Fly-grazing' Bill
We’re pleased to announce that the Control of Horses Bill will become law before the General Election.
- Our concerns about the household product animal testing ban
We're concerned about the government's plans to 'ban' the testing of household products on animals and a 'qualified ban' on testing ingredients on animals.
- We're urging dogs everywhere to take part in Big Walkies
Registrations have opened for the Best. Walk. Ever at our first ever Big Walkies events in London and Birmingham.
- Vulnerable puppy dumped on London street
We’re appealing for information after a puppy with serious damage to her spine was found abandoned in North London. She was unable to stand or walk and had been callously dumped by some bins.
- We've joined forces with ITV for a brand new TV series
Give A Pet A Home, hosted by Amanda Holden, with air on ITV1 this April.
- Inquiry into live animal exports from the port of Dover
Dover District Council led the report that challenges outdated legislation, and recommends that our inspectors should be allowed access to animals at all ports involving the export of live animals.
- We help rescue runaway coati
A coati that has been on the run for eight week is now safely back at his home after we helped to rescue him.
- Which pooch will win the dog show with a difference?
We're celebrating the underdog with our own dog show to rival Crufts - with clever canines who have overcome adversity and are now happy hounds.
- Missing Murphy the husky is reunited with his family
After a huge campaign to get Murphy the husky back home, we're thrilled that he is finally back home safe with his loving family.
- Public unaware of welfare issues facing UK ducks
Ducks may be the nation’s favourite waterfowl, but 93 per cent of the public are unaware farmed ducks don’t legally need water to bathe.