Our latest news stories from the past month.
- Suspended prison sentence man captured on CCTV beating dog
A man captured on CCTV ‘relentlessly pursuing, punching, kicking and picking up by the throat and throwing’ his dog has been sentenced to two months in prison, suspended for 18 months.
- Stolen terrier flags down RSPCA van on deserted road
A stolen Yorkshire terrier flags down an RSPCA van on a deserted road, more than 100 miles from home.
- Pleased to see no Grand National fatalities for third year
We're pleased that this year's Grand National concluded without any fatalities and believe changes to the course made in 2012 has helped save lives.
- We want a reduction in number of Grand National runners
We're maintaining that a reduction in the number of horses starting the Grand National should be considered by racing authorities to reduce risk to horses and jockeys.
- Don't kill your dog with kindness this Easter
We’re warning pet owners to be careful with your dogs this Easter. Don't forget, chocolate is toxic to dogs and can kill them.
- We've nursed a rare bird back to health
A rare goshawk that fractured her wing returns to the wild after two-months in care at our West Hatch Wildlife Centre in Somerset.
- Kitten sails over 2,000 miles in search for new home
An eight-month-old kitten has miraculously survived a stormy 16 day journey in a shipping container from Egypt before arriving on the back of a lorry in Hereford.
- Cow gives birth to zebra calf on a Freedom Food farm
A dairy calf resembling a zebra has been born on an RSPCA Freedom Food farm to the amazement of a West Sussex farmer.
- Our urgent Homes for Horses appeal launches
We’re launching an urgent appeal for homes for horses, ponies and donkeys as the number in our care exceeds 600
- Injured badger who lost his stripes is making a recovery
An injured rare albino badger has been admitted to our West Hatch Wildlife Centre to be nursed back to health.
- Beautiful brindles take 50 per cent longer to rehome
It takes an average of 21 days longer to rehome a brindle dogs than it does other colours in our rehoming centres.
- Tiny orphaned fox cub nursed back to health
A tiny fox cub that was mistaken for a puppy by rescuers is being taken care of at our West Hatch Animal Centre.
- Celebrities announced for new ITV show 'Give A Pet A Home'
Six celebrities have been announced to join Amanda Holden brand new six-part series on ITV.
- Leeds man given 12-year ban and suspended jail sentence
A man from Leeds has been given a 12-year ban and a suspended jail sentence for animal welfare offences.
- Mother and daughter cats dumped in box find happy new home
A mother and daughter pair of cats who were dumped in a cardboard box with nothing but a note have found new homes.
- We welcome the passing of new 'Fly-grazing' Bill
We’re pleased to announce that the Control of Horses Bill will become law before the General Election.