Our latest news stories from the past month.
- 'Lack of ban on wild animals in circuses is outdated'
Disappointment as the UK Government Ministers have failed to include a ban on wild animals in circuses Bill in this year’s Queen’s Speech.
- Creature feature - our creative camera contest opens
We're offering young people the chance to win amazing prizes - in return for them getting snap happy with their favourite animals.
- New 'fly-grazing' law comes into force
We’re advising all horse owners to be aware that the new Control of Horses Act takes effect from today.
- Duck left with horrific injuries as beak gets stuck in can
We've rescued a duck that was left in agony when his beak was trapped in a discarded drinks can.
- Man jailed after his dog suffered with melon-sized tumor
Stitch had a gaping hole in her abdomen when she was found her at the defendant’s home on 19 December last year.
- Abandoned, alone and blind
We're appealing for information after a member of the public spotted a dog abandoned on Hayle Place, a private lane near Cripple Street in Maidstone last Tuesday (12 May).
- Nominations for our national council
Members of the RSPCA are invited to vote in our 2015 national council elections.
- The Dog Rescuers is back!
Back for a third series, The Dog Rescuers starts Tuesday 19 May at 8pm on Channel 5
- Over £8,000 raised for emaciated horse found in Essex
An emaciated horse is learning to love life again thanks to your help. Found in appalling condition Lara weighed less than half the weight she should have.
- Appeal for information after man kicks dog's head
We're appealing for information on a man who kicked his dog in the head ‘like a football’ outside a social club in Darlington.
- A vision for the future of rabbit welfare
For the first time animal welfare organisations, welfare scientists, breeders, the pet industry and the veterinary profession have come together to agree on a vision for improving rabbit welfare.
- Injured stray dog found in Milton Keynes
We’re appealing for information as we believe the injuries may have been caused by dog fighting.
- Man jailed for organising animal fights
A man's been jailed for causing animal fights between dogs and wild mammals, after his wife accidentally called 999 and unwittingly revealed her husband’s cruel hobby.
- Baby boom! We reveal some of our own spring arrivals
A baby boom is definitely underway as wildlife centres across the country take in more admissions each day.
- One million pet bunnies living in poor environments
As National Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW) hops into action, we're warning pet owners against conditions which could be harmful to rabbits health.
- Bearded dragons dumped and left to die in a stairwell
We've rescued two bearded dragons that were dumped and left to die in a cold London stairwell.
- Staffie puppy left abandoned bald from mange and in pain
We’ve rescued a four-month-old Staffordshire bull terrier puppy who was abandoned, bald from mange and tied to a lamppost in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Emaciated horse found in Essex fights for her life
Young mare Lara was tied to scrubland by a chain, so thin, you could see every bone in her body.
- More than one animal is abandoned every hour in England
New figures show that 33 abandoned animals have been reported to us every day on average so far in 2015.