Our latest news stories from the past month.
- Lost kid on the block: Do you recognise this goat?
We're looking for the owner of a pygmy goat found lost and roaming in a London park.
- We have elected a new chair of trustees
Daphne Harris has been elected as our chairman of the council of trustees.
- Do you own the country's best rescue horse?
The renowned classes at Equifest in Peterborough sees the country's best rescue equines compete for the top spot.
- Sibling kestrel chicks rescued from train station
Fledglings were reunited at our Stapeley Grange wildlife centre after four days apart
- Heatwave can have devastating consequences for pet owners
We received almost 100 calls about animals in hot cars this weekend (27/28 June) with fears this figure will rise as temperatures are set to soar this week to highs of 28c.
Police contacted us after they received reports that a heifer’s head had become lodged between two trees on a steep bank in Alfreton, Derbyshire on June 20.
- New RSPCA Assured food label hits supermarket shelves
A new ethical food label - assured by us - has been launched in a bid to help improve the lives of a further 100 million farm animals
- Be careful with your litter
Ourselves and a nine-year-old boy came to the rescue of a young fox who’d got a plastic condiment jar firmly jammed over his head.
- Shocking footage shows 'teddy bear' dog hit and run
We're appealing for information after a heartless driver is filmed plowing into a family pet and callously leaving him for dead in West Yorkshire
- Man banned from keeping pets for life
A man who failed to seek treatment for his dog who was suffering with a melon-sized tumour pleaded guilty after our investigation.
- Badger rescued after falling into empty swimming pool
A badger had to be rescued after he got trapped in a six-foot deep empty swimming pool.
- We welcome 'organ-on-a-chip' technology
We warmly endorse new technology seeking to revolutionise the way medicines are developed and tested - without the use of animals.
- Staffie desperately seeks new home
A Staffordshire bull terrier rescued from appalling conditions has been struggling to find a home for more than two years - because he keeps being passed over for a younger model.
- Gardeners urged to look before they lop
We're warning gardeners to tread carefully to avoid disturbing or harming the wildlife which may be living in their gardens after a hedgehog was found with a severe cut to his head.
- RSPCA National Council election results
Following the recent RSPCA National Council election, five RSPCA members have been elected to our board of trustees.
- Real life tragedy sparks hard-hitting new campaign
List of the top ten ‘hot spots’ released to coincide with gritty dogs in hot cars campaign - with Greater London topping the poll.
- A warning for horse owners on ragwort poisoning
We're appealing for information after a horse was found with an infection so extreme that her skin was peeling off. RSPCA inspector says "I have never seen a case this bad".
- Help rehome some of our fantastic animals
We rehomed 53,263 animals in 2014, including 10,028 dogs and 30,111 cats. In 2013 this figure was 55,323.
- Statement re warrant in Wickford Essex on 09.06.15
More than 40 dogs, the vast majority young puppies, have been seized from an address in Essex as part of a joint operation with the police, the local authority and us.
- 350 dogs took part in Big Walkies Birmingham!
Dogs were sponsored to walk 3k or 5k for those animals less fortunate.
- The future's looking brighter for blind spaniel left to die
Sight for sore eyes? Delphine, the springer spaniel tied to a pallet of bricks in Maidstone is on the mend.
- Our message is clear: don't bring dogs to Appleby Horse Fair
Animal welfare officers say they spent more time dealing with dogs in hot cars last year than incidents involving horses.