Our latest news stories from the past month.
- We help rescue runaway coati
A coati that has been on the run for eight week is now safely back at his home after we helped to rescue him.
- Which pooch will win the dog show with a difference?
We're celebrating the underdog with our own dog show to rival Crufts - with clever canines who have overcome adversity and are now happy hounds.
- Missing Murphy the husky is reunited with his family
After a huge campaign to get Murphy the husky back home, we're thrilled that he is finally back home safe with his loving family.
- Public unaware of welfare issues facing UK ducks
Ducks may be the nation’s favourite waterfowl, but 93 per cent of the public are unaware farmed ducks don’t legally need water to bathe.
- Reports of organised animal fighting up by a third
Calls to us reporting organised animal fighting have gone up by a third in the past five years.
- Appealing for the owner of a cat stuck in a car engine
Cat found in a car engine named as Lucky has used up one of his nine lives.
- Gizmo update - four-month foal getting stronger every day
A foal left for dead by the side of the road in Essex is making a slow but steady recovery, following overwhelming support from horse lovers who donated nearly £20,000 towards his care in a week.
- Dog fighter jailed after admitting training animals
A man has been jailed for 121 days and banned from keeping animals for life after our investigation uncovered a dog fighting training school at his house.
- We support World Spay Day
It’s World Spay Day, and to mark the occasion nine animal welfare charities including us are releasing new survey figures about how men and women feel about their cats having litters.
- German shepherd Dougie dumped in Basingstoke
We’re appealing for information after a German shepherd was abandoned in Basingstoke.
- Valentino the staffy abandoned on Valentine's Day
A blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier had a lonely Valentine’s Day after he was tied to a lamp post and abandoned in a dark alleyway in Kent.
- Four month-old foal in critical condition
A four-month-old foal is in a critical condition after he was found dying by the side of the road in Essex.
- Last call for Ruffs 2015 entrants!
This Friday, February 20 our alternative dog show Ruffs 2015 will close for entries. Have you nominated your perfectly imperfect dog yet?
- We're overrun with rabbits needing homes!
Every month during 2013 and 2014 we took in more rabbits than we could rehome.
- Phoebe the one-eyed pug
A one-eyed pug puppy has become a 'Christmas miracle' for one of our centre managers.
- Couple guilty of neglect and causing suffering to 42 animals
A couple have been found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering and neglecting 42 animals at their Yeovil home.
- Oiled bird takes a much-needed bath
A tawny owl who was found covered in engine oil after she fell into an old feed trough has been given a much-need bath.