How to make your fundraising a success
Tips to help you raise even more money for the RSPCA!
- Careful planning – Set yourself a target and have a clear plan about how you’re going to achieve it. Aim high as this will motivate you and it will encourage people to sponsor you generously (N.B. if any event costs will come from the money you raise you must by law tell your sponsors).
- Start early - This means less stress; you can focus on preparing for your event and more importantly, enjoying yourself!
- Sponsorship – Set up an online fundraising page on RSPCA Choices and use the official RSPCA sponsorship form.
- Tell your story – People will want to sponsor you if they now what you’re doing, why you’re doing it and how their donation will help.
- Don’t forget Gift Aid – Remind your sponsors to tick the Gift Aid box so you can raise around 25% more. Learn more about how Gift Aid works.
- Employer match funding – Ask your workplace if they are prepared to sponsor you the same amount as the total from all other donations you receive.
- Find out what works for you – When organising mini-events towards your fundraising target (e.g. cake sales, raffles, quiz nights), don’t be afraid to repeat something if it’s a success and you think people will want to get involved again.
- Read this Case Study for more fundraising ideas.
How to pay your money in (PDF 392 KB)
Paying in form (PDF 119 KB)