How Home for Life works
Home for Life gives you peace of mind that should your pet outlive you, we'll care for them and do everything we can to find them a loving new home.
Here's how the process works once your pet is registered:
- We'll send you a registration pack, which includes a welcome letter, registration card and all other information you'll need.
- Once you have your pack, it's a good idea to let your family, friends and the Executor of your Will know that you've registered your pet(s), and where your Home for Life documents are kept.
If possible, it's helpful to ask someone you know to look after your pet temporarily if you pass away. This gives us time to find a place for them in one of our animal centres.
- We provide information with your registration pack so that, in the event of your death, the Executor of your Will, a family member or friend will know what they need to do and how to get in touch with us to let us know your pet needs to be rehomed. We'll then begin making the necessary arrangements to start caring for your pet at one of our animal centres.
- Once your pet has been collected, we'll do all we can to make sure your pet is happy and healthy - including all necessary vaccinations and health checks - before starting the search for a new home. Any potential new owners will be thoroughly assessed and interviewed to check they can provide a loving home.
- Finally, your pet will be ready to get happily settled into the next stage of their life with a caring new owner.
Ready to get started?
I trust the RSPCA
"It was obviously right to plan for Thomas Tompkins's future to ensure he will be kept safe and happy. I trust the RSPCA to give him the care and love he deserves. When I was writing my Will, it seemed natural to include a gift to the RSPCA to help carry on their important work."