When: Sunday, 12 June 2020
Where: Worthing, West Sussex
Distance: 750m swim, 21km bike and 5km run or 1.5km swim, 41km bike, 10km run
Registration fee: £56 - £66
Fundraising target: Set your own fundraising target
Taking place on the beautiful West Sussex coastline, where the water quality has been good for the last few years.
Three race distances are available, Standard, Sprint or Relay which are suitable for all abilities.
By taking on the Worthing Triathlon and raising money for us you'll be helping us create a world that's kinder to animals.
What are the distances?
- Standard and Relay Triathlon is 1.5km swim, 41km bike, 10km run.
- Sprint distance is 750m swim, 21km bike and 5km run.
Conditions vary with wind, currents and the tide all having an effect but there is excellent safety coverage from the Council Safety RIBS, Surfer Skis, Sailing Club RIBS and the organisers experienced kayak team together with beach spotters.
The bike course is an out and back rolling course on A class roads through the South Downs National Park via Long Furlong and its beautiful views before heading back downhill into Goring-by-Sea.
The run course is fast and flat with a palm tree lined promenade and turn points at the historic Lido and Pier.
Spectators have a great view of all the action and can sit on the grass above the transition area in their own little amphitheatre to cheer you on!
All our Triathletes will benefit from:
- A welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- Choice between an RSPCA cycling jersey or running vest
- Training guides for different abilities
- Access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other swimmers
- Support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target