Arundel Lido Triathlon
When: Sunday, 19 May 2019
Entries close: Friday, 17 May 2019
Where: Arundel, West Sussex
Distance: 800m swim, 40km bike, 10km run or 400m swim, 20km bike, 5km run
Registration fee: £51 - £72
Fundraising target: Set your own fundraising target
Everyday animals are abused and treated with cruelty. You can help change this by taking part in the Arundel Lido Triathlon and fundraising for Team Animal and together we can make the world a kinder place for all animals.
This is the fifteenth year of the Arundel Lido Triathlon and is likely to sell out as it has done most years. Arundel is steeped in history with its Castle and the River Arun running through the town. Located between Chichester and Worthing in West Sussex, Arundel is a very popular location with tourists and great place to spend a weekend away. Arundel has one of the UK’s best Lido’s, right on the banks of the River Arun and under the shadow of the castle.
What are the distances?
- Standard Triathlon and Relay Teams will race over a 800m swim, 35km bike, 9km run
- Sprint over a 400m swim, 19km bike, 5.4km run
The outdoor pool is heated, so no wetsuits are required. The bike course is on popular roads used by cyclists with good visibility. Despite the long gradual climb shortly after the start, the bike course is fast.
The Standard run takes athletes along a stunning tree lined avenue by the Castle and River Arun before heading to the trip point at Offham Lodge and the village of South Stoke.
The Sprint run is much flatter and turns at Offham Lodge for a fast 5km.
All our Triathletes will benefit from:
- A welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- Choice between an RSPCA cycling jersey or running vest
- Training guides for different abilities
- Access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other swimmers
- Support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target