Great North Run 2018
The Great North Run is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wants a running challenge and is one of the UK's biggest half marathons.
Come join over 57,000 runners pounding the streets over a course totalling 13.1 miles. Starting in Newcastle the route travels across the iconic Tyne Bridge before finishing in the beautiful coastal town of South Shields. Don't miss out on an electrifying atmosphere!
When: Sunday, 09 September 2018
Where: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
Distance: Half marathon (13.1 miles)
Registration fee: £25
Fundraising target: £350
All our Great North Run runners benefit from:
- An RSPCA branded running vest (ultracool material) and a t-shirt to train in
- Iron on vest letters, so our cheerers can shout your name!
- Cheering groups along the route, which your friends and family can join.
- Running fundraising pack, which includes lots of ideas to maximise your sponsorship, sponsorship form, running guide, fundraising materials such as stickers, posters and collection boxes.
- Goodies for your friends and family cheering you on.
- Celebrate with us in the charity village, friends and family welcome.
- Complimentary food and drinks for runners.
- Facebook group to talk to other RSPCA runners before the race day and share your experiences.
- Committed Events team on hand to help with your fundraising.
- Free running training guide.
Do you have your own place in the Great North Run?
We welcome runners who have secured their own place. You'll receive all the same benefits, communication and support as our other charity runners and you can help us reach our team target.