Simplyhealth Great North Run 2019
When: Sunday, 8 September 2019
Where: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
Distance: Half marathon (13.1 miles)
Registration fee: £25
Fundraising target: £350
Join our Great North Run team
Join over 57,000 runners pounding the streets of this popular half marathon course. Starting in Newcastle the route travels across the iconic Tyne Bridge before finishing in the beautiful coastal town of South Shields. Don't miss out on an electrifying atmosphere!
Great North Run charity places
Everyday animals are abused and treated with cruelty. You can help change this. Join Team Animal for the Simplyhealth Great North Run 2019 and together we can make the world a kinder place for all animals.
Registration is just £25, all we ask is for a minimum sponsorship pledge of £350. Every penny you raise will mean that we can be there to help more animals when they need us most. Together we can make sure animals are cared for, protected and given a second chance in a loving home.
If you're lucky enough to secure your own place in the Great North Run, we’d love for you to join our team. There's no fundraising target, we just ask that you raise as much as you can, and you still get all the great Team Animal benefits.
All our Great North runners benefit from:
- RSPCA team animal personalised running vest
- RSPCA training t-shirt
- Cheering groups along the route on the day, which your friends and family can join.
- Running fundraising pack
- Free training guide tailored to your needs.
- Goodies for your friends and family cheering you on.
- A post race reception with complimentary food and drinks for runners. Friends and family welcome.
- Post race massage
- Facebook group to talk to other RSPCA runners before the race day and share your experiences.
- Committed Events team on hand to help with your fundraising
Not a runner but would still like to be involved?
Join the official Team Animal cheering team and support our runners out on the course. Register to volunteer for us.