Simplyhealth Great North Run 2020
When: Sunday, 13 September 2020
Where: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
Distance: Half marathon (13.1 miles)
Registration fee: £25
Fundraising target: £350
Join our Great North Run team
2020 will see the fortieth Great North Run! This event has grown to become one of the most popular half marathons in the world. Starting in Newcastle the route travels across the iconic Tyne Bridge before finishing in the beautiful coastal town of South Shields. Don't miss out on an electrifying atmosphere!
The ballot for the Great North Run is open from the beginning of January for one month and you can enter online. If you're lucky enough to secure your own place in the Great North Run, we'd love for you to join our team. There's no fundraising target, we just ask that you raise as much as you can, and you still get all the great Team Animal benefits.
Join with your own place
If you already have your own place in the Great North Run we would love you to join Team Animal and make your running count for more than just a personal best. You can set your own fundraising target and we'll be on hand to help you every step of the way.
All our Great North runners benefit from:
- RSPCA team animal personalised running vest
- Cheering groups along the route on the day, which your friends and family can join
- Running fundraising pack
- A post race reception with complimentary food and drinks for runners. Friends and family welcome.
- Post race massage
- Facebook group to talk to other RSPCA runners before the race day and share your experiences.
- Committed Events team on hand to help with your fundraising
Not a runner but would still like to be involved? Join the official Team Animal cheering team and support our runners out on the course. We are also looking for volunteer photographers. Register to volunteer for us.