Simplyhealth Great North Run 2018
When: Sunday, 09 September 2018
Where: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
Distance: Half marathon (13.1 miles)
Registration fee: £25
Fundraising target: £350
Join our Great North Run team
Join over 57,000 runners pounding the streets of this popular half marathon course. Starting in Newcastle the route travels across the iconic Tyne Bridge before finishing in the beautiful coastal town of South Shields. Don't miss out on an electrifying atmosphere!
Great North Run charity places
We have a number of charity entries available for the 2018 Great North Run. Registration is just £25, all we ask is for a minimum sponsorship pledge of £350 which we ask to be raised within a month after the event.
The Great North Run operate a ballot for their places. The 2018 general entry ballot will close at midday on Monday, 5 February with all applicants being notified by email no later than Friday 9 February.
Running with your own place?
If you are lucky enough to secure your own place in the Great North Run, we’d love for you to join our team. There's no minimum fundraising pledge and you still get all the great Team Animal benefits. Contact us today!
All our Great North runners benefit from:
- RSPCA team animal personalised running vest
- RSPCA training t-shirt
- Cheering groups along the route on the day, which your friends and family can join.
- Running fundraising pack
- Free training guide tailored to your needs.
- Goodies for your friends and family cheering you on.
- A post race reception with complimentary food and drinks for runners. Friends and family welcome.
- Post race massage
- Facebook group to talk to other RSPCA runners before the race day and share your experiences.
- Committed Events team on hand to help with your fundraising
Not a runner but would still like to be involved?
Join the official Team Animal cheering team and support our runners out on the course. Register to volunteer for us.