Simplyhealth Great North Run 2019
When: Sunday, 8 September 2019
Where: Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
Distance: Half marathon (13.1 miles)
Registration fee: £10 special offer (Usual price £25)
Fundraising target: £350
Join our Great North Run team
Join over 57,000 runners pounding the streets of this popular half marathon course. Starting in Newcastle the route travels across the iconic Tyne Bridge before finishing in the beautiful coastal town of South Shields. Don't miss out on an electrifying atmosphere!
Great North Run charity places
Places in the 2019 Great North Run have now sold out!
We will have places in the 2020 Great North Run available in September. If you are keen to support us at the event check out our volunteering opportunities.
The ballot for the Great North Run is open between the 2nd of January and the 4th of February and you can enter online. If you're lucky enough to secure your own place in the Great North Run, we'd love for you to join our team. There's no fundraising target, we just ask that you raise as much as you can, and you still get all the great Team Animal benefits.
All our Great North runners benefit from:
- RSPCA team animal personalised running vest
- Cheering groups along the route on the day, which your friends and family can join.
- Running fundraising pack
- Free training guide tailored to your needs.
- Goodies for your friends and family cheering you on.
- A post race reception with complimentary food and drinks for runners. Friends and family welcome.
- Post race massage
- Facebook group to talk to other RSPCA runners before the race day and share your experiences.
- Committed Events team on hand to help with your fundraising
Not a runner but would still like to be involved?
Join the official Team Animal cheering team and support our runners out on the course. Register to volunteer for us.