Become a member
Your support will help us campaign for:
- a better life for Britain's pets
- practical and humane farming methods for all farm animals
- the safety of wild animals from cruel sports, whaling and trapping
- alternatives to replace animals in experiments.
Visit our RSPCA in action section to find out more about the range of work that we do.
Don't delay, join us today!
RSPCA members receive:
- A special edition RSPCA enamel pin-badge, a membership card and one of our Action for Animals car stickers, so you can show your support for the world's oldest animal welfare organisation.
- A copy of the Annual Review (and summary of financial information) which provide a snapshot of the animal welfare work delivered by the RSPCA during the year and its plans for the future. It's a great way to find out just how much work we do for animals.
- A copy of animal life magazine which allows you to keep up to date with the latest RSPCA news, rescues, campaigns and prosecutions. Published quarterly, the 36-page, full colour magazine is packed with animal welfare information, pet advice, animal facts, successful rehoming stories and tips on how you can help animals.
As a member of the RSPCA you can take part in our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and vote at the election of national Council members, giving you a say in how we carry out our work.
You are also eligible to nominate someone for the RSPCA Honour awards. If you know someone who has helped promote kindness to animals, prevented neglect or cruelty, or gone out of their way to make a difference to an animals life why not nominate them to be a winner in our 2013 RSPCA Honour awards?
View a full list of the winners of the RSPCA Honours 2012 (PDF 49.2 KB)
If you choose, your membership details can also be passed to the local RSPCA branch in your area (which are separately registered charities) so that they can consider you for branch membership and contact you with updates about their activities and how you may be able to help them.
Financial affairs and governing documents
Members requiring more detailed information on the financial affairs of the Society may ask to receive a copy of the Society's trustees' report and accounts instead of the Annual Review (and summary of financial information). Both documents are also available by following these links.
And the RSPCA governing documents, which establish the relationship between the Society and its members, can be found on our RSPCA Acts and current rules page.
Joint members may ask to be sent separate copies of the trustees' report or Annual Review. Requests should be addressed in writing to:
The Chief Executive
c/o RSPCA Supporter Services
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to follow your stated wishes in future years unless you tell us otherwise.
If you would like further information about the RSPCA, our policies, or our governing and branch rules, simply follow these links or send your request in writing to:
RSPCA Supporter Services
Or email: email@example.com