You don’t have to be able to give lots of time to help us make a difference to animal welfare.
There are many ways in which you can help us make a difference, no matter how much time you have available or the level of commitment you can afford to give.
Our volunteers help in many different ways, giving varying amounts of their valuable time – there is a volunteer role to suit every kind of lifestyle.
Your time can make a real difference
If you have one hour to spare
- Bake some cakes to sell to your colleagues in aid of the RSPCA.
If you have two hours to spare
- Take part in a local street fundraising collection in aid of your local RSPCA branch.
If you can spare a day
- Hold an event such as a jumble sale or a car boot sale in aid of the RSPCA.
- Help out at an event that has been organised by your local RSPCA branch.
If you have time to commit weekly
If you have time in the evenings or occasionally
- Consider becoming a home visitor, fitting visits in around your existing commitments.
- Help your local RSPCA branch with some administration or computer work which can be flexible to suit the time you have available.
If you have time to make a regular commitment
- Get involved with your local RSPCA branch as a trustee, attending monthly meetings that usually last around two-three hours. As a trustee you will have a real chance to influence animal welfare work in your local area.
- Join our invaluable network of fosterers who provide temporary homes to animals in our care. Fostering animals can be very rewarding, but requires patience, understanding and dedication.
Every action counts
As a campaigner, you can give one day a year to a few hours each month – every action counts. You can campaign nationally or for your local branch, helping us to apply pressure where it matters most.
Find out more about how you can get involved in our campaigns.
Some people don’t have any time to give but still support us in other ways or by making a donation.
Whatever you can offer, we would love to hear from you. You really can help us to improve animal welfare.