CCTV In Welsh Slaughterhouses - RSPCA
Time for change in Welsh slaughterhouses
CCTV will improve animal welfare
What will change?
The introduction of CCTV will:
- Provide the public with evidence of compliance with the law at the time of slaughter
- Act as a deterrent to animal cruelty
- Act as a safeguard and training tool for abattoir staff
- Provide more opportunities to assess compliance and protect animals
- Improve enforcement on sites not cooperating with standards
- Bring Wales in line with England, which introduced mandatory CCTV in 2018
The public wants better for animals
Thousands of you supported our campaign
Thank you for supporting the consultation for mandatory CCTV in slaughterhouses in Wales. This action is now closed. Over 12,000 of you made your voices heard and stood up for animal welfare. Please sign up to our campaign newsletter to receive updates.