RSPCA Isle of Wight 2.6 Challenge
Over £500 raised for the animals. Thank you.
RSPCA Godshill Animal Centre do 2.6 Challenge and encourage animal lovers to take part
The team at RSPCA Godshill Animal Centre join the fun as part of the 2.6 Challenge event which aims to save the UK’s charities during the Coronavirus crisis
Staff at RSPCA Godshill Animal Centre are encouraging animal lovers to take part in the 2.6 Challenge and raise much-needed funds for the animal welfare charity.
The week-long challenge kicks off on Sunday, 26 April, when the London Marathon would have held its 40th annual event and asks participants to do a challenge around the number 2.6 or 26.
To help raise money in these challenging times the charity is also asking kind supporters to take on a 2.6 challenge, maybe something animal themed, to help the animals in its care and being rescued every day.
Animal rescuers at RSPCA Godshill Animal Centre on the Isle of Wight will be leading the way by taking part in their own challenge.
Centre manager Suzanne Pugh said: “Our small crew of staff are doing a 2.6 challenge this Sunday, and will be walking 26 miles between us around the centre, at a social distance of course!
“These are extraordinary times and as people stay at home to flatten the curve, this means that all our fundraising through collections, charity shops, and events has sadly had to stop so we’re desperate for support to help us help the animals in our care at this difficult time. We’d love for people to support us if they can by donating through our giving page, https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/rspca-iow26.”
What you need to do if you want to take part
- Pick a challenge (make sure it’s something you can do safely, while observing social distancing)
- Go to the RSPCA 2.6 challenge Just Giving Page and set up a fundraising page or make a donation
- Tell your friends and family about it, maybe challenge them to do their own
- Post about it on social media to spread the word even further
- Then get ready to join thousands of others to do your challenge, starting Sunday, April 26!