Our past, present and future
The RSPCA has a long history in the local area. The veterinary clinic in Hillingdon was first opened during the Second World War in response to the many war-orphaned and abandoned animals. RAF Uxbridge supplied scraps from their cookhouse to help feed the animals. The clinic was originally a timber hut and evolved to a brick building in 1952. Our busy clinic is now based on Crescent Parade in Hillingdon.
- To prevent unnecessary suffering for animals
- To promote and support local animal welfare
- To help members of the public who can’t afford veterinary care for their animals
- To promote responsible pet ownership
- To rehome unwanted animals with new, responsible owners.