Darlington & District Branch
We are a branch of the RSPCA raising money locally to support our animal welfare work.
Our branch is run by a committee of locally elected volunteers who are responsible for the management and administration of the branch's affairs.
The RSPCA Darlington & District Branch was originally set-up in 1872 under the name of South Durham and North Yorkshire Branch.
The name was changed to avoid confusion with other similar named branches. We cover a large area which includes Reeth, Muker, Barnard Castle, Stanley, Crook, Bishop Auckland, Richmond, Catterick and all the villages in between.
We work closely with RSPCA Inspectors to provide direct animal welfare services in these areas. This includes veterinary care and animals which the RSPCA Inspectors have rescued from harm.
As a local RSPCA branch, we are an independently registered charity run by volunteers and we rely heavily on local fundraising activities and public support to allow us to continue this work as we do not receive government grants and lottery donations.
RSPCA Darlington & District Branch (charity number 232264)