You can find out more details about our Branch adoption process further down the page but these five simple steps should help you for now;
- Contact us for an adoption form, or download here. Email your form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07944 308169
- A home visit will be arranged & carried out as soon as possible
- Providing the home visit is approved, you'll then be provided with details of how to visit the animals in our care (please note: we board cats at various locations within reach of our branch area)
- Once you've met the pet that's right for you, you can usually take them home the same day providing you & they are ready
- We will normally arrange a follow up visit a few months after adoption
Every home & animal are different which is why we carry out home visits.
We do not rehome kittens to indoor homes, homes with very young children or to the elderly.
If you're renting you will need landlords written permission.
Don't have a garden? We occasionally have indoor cats for rehoming. Indoor homes are also perfect for fostering.
We charge £85 for adopting a cat or kitten which includes neutering, microchipping and initial vaccinations (prices at other branches and animal centres may vary)
Your pet will need: Food, exercise, vaccinations, a comfortable place to live, sleep & play, grooming, veterinary attention when they are sick. Also consider that boarding costs will need to be paid if you go away on holiday or for work reasons.
Please bear in mind that many animals come into the care of the RSPCA because they have been ill treated or neglected. So they may need extra patience and understanding but will reward you with so much in return.
Our pet adoption process in more detail:
- Email us for an adoption application form or download here,this should be filled in fully and emailed back to us, once we have received your form we will arrange a home visit as soon as possible email@example.com or call 07944 308169
- The home visit is carried out to ensure that the facilities you have are suitable for the type of pet you want to adopt and it also gives us the opportunity to offer advice on the financial aspects & responsibility of pet ownership
- Once the home visit has been carried out, you'll be provided with details of how to visit the animals in our care. Please note that we board our cats at various locations within reach of our branch area, therefore visits to our animals are by appointment.
- Although you may meet a pet that you feel is right for you, reservation and adoption of a particular animal is at the branches discretion based on our knowledge of that individual animals' character and needs along with the information you gave us during the application process and home visit. We have to be sure that both you and the animal are right for each other.
- If you are ready & have everything you need at home, providing the animal is ready to leave our care then you should be able to take the animal home with you the same day.
- A few months after adoption, we will normally carry out a post adoption visit to make sure everything is going smoothly. but if you have any issues or concerns in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact us as we're happy to help where we can.