Follow these five simple steps to #FindEachOther
- Complete your application form
- We'll be in touch to arrange a virtual home visit, this is to ensure that the facilities you have are suitable for the type of pet you want to adopt and it also gives us the opportunity to offer advice on the financial aspects & responsibility of pet ownership
- Providing the home visit is approved, you'll then be provided with details of how to visit the animals in our care (please note: we board cats at various locations within reach of our branch area) therefore visits to our animals are by appointment.
- Although you may have seen a pet you feel is right for you, reservation and adoption of a particular animal is at the branches discretion based on our knowledge of that individual animals' character and needs along with the information you gave us during the application process and home visit. We have to be sure that both you and the animal are right for each other.
- A few months after adoption, we will normally carry out a post adoption visit to make sure everything is going smoothly. but if you have any issues or concerns in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact us as we're happy to help where we can.
Every home & animal are different which is why we carry out home visits.
We do not rehome kittens to indoor homes, homes with very young children or to the elderly.
If you're renting you will need landlords written permission.
Don't have a garden? We occasionally have indoor cats for rehoming. Indoor homes are also perfect for fostering.
We charge £85 for adopting a cat or kitten which includes neutering, microchipping and initial vaccinations (prices at other branches and animal centres may vary)
Your pet will need: Food, exercise, vaccinations, a comfortable place to live, sleep & play, grooming, veterinary attention when they are sick. Also consider that boarding costs will need to be paid if you go away on holiday or for work reasons.
Please bear in mind that many animals come into the care of the RSPCA because they have been ill treated or neglected. So they may need extra patience and understanding but will reward you with so much in return.