RSPCA Hillingdon Clinic/Practice Manager Vacancy
JOB VACANCY: RSPCA Hillingdon Clinic/Practice Manager
Location: Hillingdon Clinic, 16 Crescent Parade, UB10 0LG
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Hours: per week 37.5
Closing date: 22 June 2021
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering. As an independently registered charity, the Hillingdon, Slough, Windsor, Kingston & District Branch provides vital animal welfare services within our local community and supports the national RSPCA inspectorate team working in our area. The Hillingdon Clinic provides care and treatment for animals brought to us by eligible owners as well as by RSPCA Inspectors and Animal Rescue Officers.
Our primary aims are:
- To prevent animal cruelty and suffering
- To promote responsible pet ownership
- To rehabilitate and find loving new homes for unwanted, abandoned, and mistreated pets
- To provide subsidised treatment and preventative care for animals whose owners cannot afford private vet fees
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience of working in a veterinary environment to take charge of the day to day running of our busy veterinary clinic in Hillingdon. Working as an integral part of the branch, which includes both a rehoming centre and a veterinary clinic, you will be responsible for day to day management, including but not limited to:
• Managing and leading the day-to-day running of the clinic activities
• Staff management (including recruitment, ROTA, annual leave, performance appraisals) for approximately 8 permanent full time/part time staff (including Vets, RVNs, VCAs) and 3-4 volunteers.
• Coordination to ensure the smooth running of daily operations, out-patients and clinics.
• Monitor the clinic financials & provide necessary performance reviews for the trustees
• Providing basic animal welfare advice to clients visiting the clinic and through telephone (training available)
• Enquiries and on occasion basic first aid to animals (training will be provided).
• Responsible for maintaining relationships between clinic, rehoming centre, the trustees, e.g., critical daily updates, 1:1’s, etc.
• Controlling & ordering stock levels of all drugs, stationery and veterinary equipment.
• Maintenance of clinic records and provision of statistics
• Responsible for daily banking reconciliation & debts
• Responsible for all compliance aspects, including Hygiene, Health & Safety, clinic licensing/conditions
• RVN qualification preferred, other qualifications will be considered based on individual circumstances
• Sound knowledge of day-to-day running of a busy veterinary practice (or similar environment)
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Ability to work and make decisions under pressure
• Flexible to pitch in where needed, e.g., cover reception
• Excellent Client facing skills and ability to deal with challenging situations
• Desirable to have animal welfare experience and/or charity experience
• Desirable to have a sound business understanding to ensure financial sustainability of the clinic
• Annual leave 28 days (including bank holidays)
• No Weekends/ evenings/ Shifts/ On Call
o Working hours are 9:00-5:30; Monday-Friday
Please send CV & cover letter to: Colleen O’Hare at Practicemanager@rspcahillingdonclinic.org.uk
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Registered in England and Wales, Charity Registration no 263515
Please note that the RSPCA Hillingdon, Slough, Windsor, Kingston & District Branch is a separately registered charity (charity number 263515) and is the named employer in respect of this vacancy. In this connection employment in this role has no link with the national RSPCA (registered charity number 219099).