Interested in volunteering for the RSPCA?
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
- Support Adoption for Pets
- Oldies Club
- Janette Moss Horsewear, Waltham Abbey
- Chingford Kennels
- Chingford Hydrotheraphy Centre
- Goddards Veterinary Group
- Advanced Scaffolding Uk Ltd, Basildon
- Julia Fordham,Singer/Songwriter (also on Facebook)
- The Blue Boar, Abridge
- The Barking And Dagenham Post
- The Chingford Times
- West Essex Life Magazine
- Funky Dogs, Dogs Groomers, Chingford
- Hobs, Knobs & Ovens, Oven Cleaners, London
- Bloomberg LP, Financial Services, London
Come and join us!
Are you passionate about animal welfare? Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of homeless dogs? Do you live near Chingford and have a few hours to spare on a regular weekly basis?
RSPCA Essex South West Branch is looking for some new volunteer dog walkers/socialisers.Can you meet the following criteria?
- Available on Weekdays or Saturdays
- Between 11:00 and 15:00 (ideally but minimum of 2 hours)
- Can commit to a minimum of 6 months
- Have a good level of fitness and strength
- Willing to both walk dogs and socialise them in our yard
- Able to handle any type of dog – or willing to learn
- Willing to work as a team
We look after all types of breeds and our dogs have very varied backgrounds. Often they came to us as strays; some are elderly or have medical conditions; some have little training or have been badly treated. Some come from happy homes but their owners’ circumstances have changed and they can no longer look after them. Most are scared and bewildered when they first arrive. We give our dogs whatever help they need to get back on their feet and then find them the new, loving homes they deserve. While they await their new owners, our dogs rely on our volunteers for walks, play and attention. The role of the volunteer dog socialiser is, therefore, crucial!
Our volunteers might find themselves one moment playing with a Chihuahua, the next (dual) walking a Neopolitan mastiff around the local park. Only when fully vaccinated can our dogs go to the park, hence the importance of ‘hands-on’ socialisation in the yard for those that cannot go out. We will provide training on dog handling.
If you are interested and think you meet the above criteria, please email the following requesting an application form:
We look forward to hearing from you xx
Find a volunteering opportunity
Use the search below to find a volunteering opportunity near you.
We have found the nearest 2 vacancies, ordered by closest first