RAW- Rabbit Awareness week
RSPCA Rabbit Awareness week (RAW)
Here at Birmingham Animal Centre this year for RAW we decided to do a postcard competition and get the kids involved in designing a postcard relating to rabbit awareness and the five freedoms:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst: by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Freedom from discomfort: by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease: by prevention through rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to express normal behaviour: by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from fear and distress: by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
All the kids needed to do was think about rabbit welfare and then put their ideas to paper. Here are a few of the fabulous postcards that were entered into the competition.
The Centre's Deputy Manager Robbi Chaurdhuri selected 3 entries that he felt stood out and represented the five freedoms.
These were then added to the centres social media facebook page for the supports to choose 1st, 2nd and 3rd places by voting for which they liked.
Thanks to all the children involved in the postcard competition it was amazing to see all the great pictures and ideas that came out of this.