Adopt an RSPCA animal
Please be aware we are currently undergoing an ambitious redevelopment, meaning we do not currently have animals at the centre as they are in foster homes. The centre is closed to the public.
Each animal that comes into the branch is treated like the individual they are. Our behaviour adviser works closely with the animal care team to assess each dog and cat, to ensure we find them their perfect home.
Our Adoption process:
- Check out our animals on Find a Pet; when you see one that you think is right for you, email us for a perfect match form. Please complete and return this to us.
- DOG Perfect Match Form or CAT Perfect Match Form
- We look at all the completed forms sent to us. If the pet is still available and we think you could be a good match, we will contact you within 48 hours to have a chat and tell you more about them and arrange a home visit. Unfortunately, due to the large number of interest we receive, we are not always able to contact you if you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- After the home visit we will invite you to come and meet your potential new pet. We ask adopters to meet dogs 3 times, and cats twice before taking them home.
How much does it cost?
We ask you to pay a donation towards the cost of your pet’s care and veterinary treatment during their stay with us.
- Dog £175
- Puppy up to 6 months: £230
- Senior Dog: £80
- Cat: £80
- Kitten up to 6 months: £100
- Senior Cat: £60
Post Adoption Support
- When you take your new pet home, that’s not the end of the journey for us. Our animal care team will be on hand to help you settle your new pet in.