About us and our work
We are a separately registered branch of the RSPCA and exist to help local animals in need. We cover the Surrey East regions primarily the Redhill, Reigate and Dorking area.
We are responsible for the fundraising, management and general affairs of running a charity and run entirely on the tireless work and dedication of our trustees and volunteers, and our part time Branch Manager.
Our primary goal is to support the work of the Local Inspector(s) who investigate animal cruelty and rescue animals in need.
We have ambitious growth plans and are actively recruiting volunteers to help us with the fantastic work we do. Find out more about volunteering with us.
You can read our annual review here: Annual Review
Veterinary Financial aid service
- Please check you are in our catchment area, by using the postcode checker on the right hand side of this page
- Please then fill in our form and we will get back to you as soon as we can:
3. In order to receive the financial aid you will need to provide your vet with evidence that you are on state benefits (excluding child benefit)
4. You will then be given a branch reference to give to the vet and we will inform you of the agreed amount of financial support
5. The financial support is paid directly to the vet (on receipt of an invoice with the correct branch reference)
How we help:
- We provide limited financial assistance to those on state benefits (excluding child benefit) with their veterinary bills should they not be able to cover the full cost of treatment required, who live in the Surrey East regions primarily the Redhill, Reigate and Dorking area.
- We can only help people who live in our branch area - please use our postcode checker on the right hand side of this page to see if you are in our catchment area.
- In all cases a contribution is expected - this allows us as a charity with limited resources to help as many pet owners as we can in the most need.
- We cannot help with routine vaccinations and generally we cannot help with chronic conditions that require ongoing costs.
- The branch can only provide financial assistance if it is pre-authorised therefore we cannot retrospectively pay vet bills.
We may be able to help those on low incomes with financial support towards neutering. Please copy this form into your browser and complete this form to apply: https://forms.gle/pJgVSQdwWuTCyj2k8
Veterinary financial aid