RSPCA Southport, Ormskirk & District Branch is committed to respecting your privacy and keeping your personal information safe. We will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used, but will in most cases fall into one of the following categories:
- Where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way
- Where the processing is necessary to carry out for the performance of a contract with you
- Where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions, for example, processing donations or sending you administrative communications where our legitimate interest is to raise funds and to deliver our charitable purposes
What personal information we collect about you
Children and vulnerable persons
- We may disclose your personal/sensitive personal information when required to by law, for example, to HMRC for tax purposes or to police forces for the prevention or detection of crime.
- Further, we safeguard the sharing of such information by using formalised information sharing agreements with organisations where appropriate, or on an ad hoc basis after ensuring the request and disclosure are legally compliant.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is kept secure and to respect the information privacy of all visitors.
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies may tailor what pops up on your screen according to what you’ve viewed on a site before.
For more information about cookies, and about how to turn them off, please visit:
You have a right to know about the personal data we hold about you and make sure it is accurate as well as object to the receipt of marketing materials sent to you by us.
Please address all enquiries about our data protection procedures to: Paul Gibson, Branch Manager, RSPCA Southport, Ormskirk & District, The Animal Centre, New Cut Lane, Southport, PR8 3DW
Terms & Conditions
Legal information: RSPCA Southport, Ormskirk & District Branch is a separately registered charity dedicated to improving the lives of animals locally, registered charity number: 232258
User agreement: use of the site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are subject to the laws of England and Wales and may be changed at any time. The site may only be used for lawful purposes, in a manner that does not infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of this site.
Trademarks: a licence from the RSPCA national society is required to use the intellectual property of the RSPCA, including its name and logo, whether as part of the branch name or otherwise. Requests may be made to:
Copyright: copyright in the materials on this website is owned by the branch, the RSPCA and/or the content supplier. Unauthorised use of the materials is prohibited. Anyone who has a query about copyright should contact the branch.
Liability: neither the branch nor the RSPCA accept liability for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use, or loss of use, of this site. Materials on this site are provided for information or reporting purposes only and should not be relied upon. They may be out of date, unavailable or removed without notice.
Linking: button links to the national website can be downloaded from RSPCA online. Links to third party websites from this site are provided at the branch’s discretion solely as a convenience to users. Neither the branch nor the RSPCA is responsible for the contents or reliability of linked third-party websites, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Accessing linked third party sites is entirely at the user’s risk.