Your local RSPCA
Welcome to the RSPCA Newbury & District Branch website
- The Newbury & District Branch is an independent branch of the RSPCA, established in 1962 (we are a separate charity to the National Society), raising money locally to support our animal welfare work. We're one of 162 branches in England and Wales which works with the national organisation and it's inspectorate to care for sick, injured and neglected animals.
- We offer veterinary/financial assistance to help animals most in need locally. Click on the 'About us' tab above and enter your postcode to confirm you are in our branch area. We also promote responsible pet ownership through neutering and microchipping campaigns.
- Our branch is run by a committee of locally elected volunteers who are responsible for the management and administration of the branch's affairs. We as a branch do not have a local re-homing centre but understand how upsetting it can be to give up your pet. Click unwanted pets for advice on the difficult decision of re-homing.
- Lost or Found a Pet? Click on the above 'About us' tab, then click 'Lost & Found' for advice on what to do if you're pet goes missing.
- For regular updates like our Facebook page @rspcanewbury
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS OUTSIDE OUR CHARITY SHOP IN THATCHAM WHEN CLOSED. THIS IS CLASSED AS FLY TIPPING AND WEST BERKSHIRE COUNCIL COULD ISSUE YOU WITH A FINE! Click here TO SEE CHARITY SHOP FLY TIPPING REPORT ON MERIDIAN NEWS.
- Please note: Due to the Coronavirus social distancing measures, our Office Administrator will be working from home from Wednesday 18th March until further notice. This means our office telephone number 01635 867845 will not be monitored. Please email any urgent animal welfare enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org For any animal concerns requiring an Inspector, please call 0300 1234 999 as usual for assistance. Thanks for your understanding.