Who we are
RSPCA Essex Mid & North Branch relies totally on donations, local fundraising and legacies to support our work with animal welfare in our branch area.
We provide the following
- Pet neutering scheme for people on certain government benefits.
- Rehoming/homing of cats and dogs.
- Subsidised veterinary clinics in Harwich Road, Colchester and Great Baddow, Chelmsford
- Homecheck service to the RSPCA animal centres.
- Fundraising events for the local area.
- Pet advice and guidance for local people.
- Community animal action events in conjunction with local RSPCA inspectors and vets. These include initiatives such as subsidised microchipping, neutering, worm and flea treatments.
- We alos have 4 charity shops in Chelmsford, Colchester, Frinton & Maldon which provide volunteering opportunities as well as raising much need funds for our work
The RSPCA Essex Mid & North branch offers welfare clinics for pet owners who fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
To be a client of the RSPCA Essex Mid & North Branch you will need to:
- live within our catchment area
- be a tenant
- not be using any animals for breeding purposes of any kind
- and be in receipt of one of the following: Incapacity Allowance, Income Support, JSA/ESA, (which must be accompanied by Housing benefit which must be in the same name as benefit) State Pension.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept any new registrations at this time.
9am - 4pm Mondays to Thursdays
Please note the clinics are closed on Fridays.
Call a vet
Vetfone is a 24-hour service, which works like an NHS Direct for pets, and anyone can call. It is staffed exclusively by UK-qualified veterinary nurses with years of experience.
You can pay upfront or have the call charged to your telephone bill, and the cost is typically less than an initial consultation.
Call using the following numbers and a donation will be made to the RSPCA.
- Call 01728 727 673 to pay a fixed fee of £12.50.
This is fixed regardless of when the call is made and its duration. We will receive £1 for each call made to this number.
- Or call 09065 00 55 00 to pay £1.53 per minute.
An average call is about £6-10, and we will receive a proportion.
Visit www.vetfone.co.uk for more information.
If an animal you own or are responsible for is suffering or in pain, you are required under the Animal Welfare Act to take them to a vet.