Your local RSPCA
Blackpool & North Lancs Branch
We have introduced new temporary processes and checks to ensure that the animal and adopter are well matched and protected which are as follows:
1. To view all available animals, please visit our website or search ‘RSPCA Find a Pet’
2. Submit a ‘Perfect Match Form’ for the chosen animal by emailing it to email@example.com. If you would like to speak to us prior to submitting an application, you can contact us on 01253 703000, 11am - 2pm Tues - Sun
3. The ‘Perfect Match Form’ will be reviewed animal centre staff and if we feel it is a suitable match, we will give potential adopters a call to discuss the animal in further detail and complete a Covid 19 questionnaire
4. Following this phone call, an appointment will be made for adopters to the visit the animal at the centre. All visitors must wear a mask when inside the building(s) and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
5. A virtual homevisit will be carried using photos and videos where necessary
6. The animal will see a vet prior to leaving our care
7. Adoption paperwork will be emailed to adopters
8. The adoption fee will taken over the phone on the day of adoption
Please DO NOT attend our animal centre without a booked appointment as we will be unable to allow you access
Longview Animal Centre
RSPCA Blackpool and North Lancashire Branch is located in Stalmine on Old Toms Lane in Lancashire, FY6 0JR. We moved here in 2014 to a new animal centre as our previous site was no longer fit for purpose. We care for dogs, cats and a range of small animals. At the centres most busiest, we can have over 100 animals in our care.
The RSPCA prioritises the victims of cruelty, neglect and suffering so does not normally accept unwanted pets from members of the public, as the demand for space from our priority animals exceeds our capacity