Supporting Your Local RSPCA Branch
There are lots of ways that you can help your local RSPCA.
Whether you want to give a simple donation or be a bit more hands on we're truly grateful. Take a look around to see how you can help us make a difference to animals lives. We simply cannot continue the work we do without the help and support from people like you. Please see below for the many simple ways you can help us:
- BECOME A MEMBER - Become a member of the RSPCA to receive our Animal Life magazine, Annual Review and invites to our AGM's. Your membership will help our campaigns for animal rights and welfare.
- VISIT OUR SHOP - When you shop in our local Charity Shop or via us on the RSPCA Online Shop, you're helping to support our work. So whether you're buying a dog bed or a cat bowl you know that the purchase you make will help benefit animal welfare in your local area.
- SOCIAL MEDIA - Like us on facebook and follow us on twitter to help spread the word about our branch. The more people we reach the more animals we can help.
- FUNDRAISING - There are loads of ways to raise money for the RSPCA! If you're a daredevil you could do a skydive, or if you prefer to keep your feet on the ground you could take part in a run. Take a look at our fundraising ideas to get you started.
- You can also register for free with easyfundraising.org.uk, select us as a cause you'd like to support and every time you shop on-line with a range of retailers they'll donate money to us.
- VOLUNTEER - If you want to be more hands-on in helping, you could consider volunteering with us. Pop into our shop and speak to a member of staff if you'd like to volunteer there, or take a look at the RSPCA website for volunteering vacancies in our area.
- CAMPAIGNING - Adding your voice to RSPCA campaigns will help us to achieve better animal welfare in the future. Our campaigns aim to prompt political and behavioural change on a range of animal welfare-related issues. But, we can't do it alone. Campaign for animal welfare.
- ADOPT - Consider giving a rescue animal a second chance and adopt an animal from us. Every animal that comes in to us has done so because they had nowhere else to go. They often spend months with us and as they get older they will get overlooked for adoption. They have just as much if not even more love to give back to their adopters.
- FOSTER - Fostering can be a highly rewarding and valuable experience and is extremely beneficial for our animals. We need foster homes for all sorts of reasons and lengths of time. Depending on your living situation, you may not be suitable for fostering certain types of animals, but everyone can apply. If you can't commit to rehoming a animal on a permanent basis then fostering could be ideal.
- DONATE ONLINE - We rely on donations to fund our important animal welfare work.
- LEAVE US A LEGACY - Leaving a legacy in your Will to the RSPCA allows you to carry on caring long after you die. By leaving the Basingstoke and Andover branch of the RSPCA a gift in your Will, you will be helping us become more financially stable. This will also allow us to develop our existing services to sick and neglected animals in your local area. If you are thinking of making a bequest to us, then your instructions should include the following:
RSPCA Basingstoke and Andover - Registered charity no. 258321
We thank you for your kind support.
- PROTECTING YOUR PETS - We advise you to include your pets in your Will. If you have not identified a relative or friend who will be willing to care for your pets after you die, the RSPCA offer a free service to find a loving home for your pets. To ensure that the Basingstoke and Andover RSPCA know that you have expressed this wish, we suggest you include a statement such as the following in your Will:
"It is my wish that the ownership of any animals I have in my care at the time of my death is passed to the Basingstoke and Andover branch of the RSPCA - Registered charity no. 258321"