Mallydams Wood Wildlife Centre is equipped to deal with a variety of wild animals, from orphaned fox cubs to oiled birds.
Our staff are very knowledgeable and experienced in the treatment and rehabilitation of wildlife casualties, their release and monitoring their survival in the wild. And of course we’d be lost without our tireless volunteers!
Our facilities include
- Veterinary examination room and x-ray machine.
- Orphan rearing and treatment areas.
- Specialised oiled bird cleaning facilities.
- Isolation units for larger birds or mammals.
- Rooms for oiled seabirds, growing orphans and areas for washed seabirds and injured birds.
- Pool aviaries for seabirds and water birds.
- Custom-built seclusion aviaries, some with shallow pools.
- Long-term mammal pens with indoor and outdoor areas.
- A deep pool for recovering oiled seabirds and seals.
Bringing an injured animal to the centre
The wildlife centre is open for the admission of wildlife casualties but opening hours depend on the time of year.
April-September: 8am to 8pm
October-March: 9am to 5pm
Out of hours
The best thing to do is call the RSPCA's 24-hour cruelty line: 0300 1234 999.
The facilities at our centre and the skill of our staff enable us to help injured and orphaned wild animals.
Find out more about our wildlife rehabilitation work.