My Big Walkies terms and conditions
My Big Walkies ‘Walker of the Week’
To celebrate all you wonderful people who are taking part in RSPCA’s My Big Walkies this year we wanted to give you the opportunity to nominate your dog as Walker of the Week throughout May and June.
To be in with a chance to win ‘Walker of the Week’ recognition and a giveaway from the RSPCA please follow the steps below.
How to enter
We have one giveaway per week:
Here’s how to enter:
Post a picture of your pooch in the My Big Walkies facebook group
The picture with the most likes that week will become our ‘Walker of the Week’ and we will repost it to the group.
We can't wait to see pics of your playful pooches Walker of the Week competition! No humans please!! We want your images on Facebook to depict animals that are as happy, healthy and safe as can be, so please take a look at our guidelines for the happiest pups before sharing your clips.
In the pic, your pet should be:
- Happy and relaxed
- Performing natural behaviour
- Comfortable when interacting with people and other animals
- Looking healthy (eyes, nose, coat condition, weight, etc)
- In a safe and suitable environment
Thanks and good luck!
My Big Walkies Walker of the Week Terms and Conditions
The Walker of the Week giveaway begins on 14 May 2018 and closes on 27 June 2018.
- The Walker of the Week giveaway in support of the RSPCA is open to residents of England and Wales aged 18 and over, subject to (5) below.
- The Walker of the Week giveaway is organised by the RSPCA (“the Promoters”).
- Entry into the Walker of the Week giveaway constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any entry found not to comply with them will be disqualified. No refunds or allowances will be made in such instances and any prize will be forfeited.
- Photo entries will be accepted: on the My Big Walkies RSPCA Facebook group page.
- The Walker of the Week giveaway is not open to employees of the RSPCA, agents or family members, or anyone else professionally connected to the Walker of the Week giveaway.
- Only one entry per person per platform will be accepted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- All entries on Facebook must follow the Guidelines as outlined above.
- The Walker of the Week giveaway is open to pictures posted between 00.01 on Wednesday and 11.59 on the following Tuesday each week starting on 14 May and running until 27 June 2018. Entries received after that date and time will not be eligible.
- The selected image from Facebook will be chosen each week based on the number of likes received by that picture during the week it was posted. There will be no runners-up or runner-up prizes.
- By entering your image on Facebook, you give the RSPCA express permission to share this content on its social media channels and in marketing materials and to make minor edits to the content (incorporating into a collage, etc). Entrants are responsible for obtaining consent from any third parties featured.
- Each recipient is entitled to receive one prize from the RSPCA. There is no cash alternative.
- All pictures posted must not feature any indecent or offensive imagery and the RSPCA reserves the right to remove any imagery that in the opinion of the moderators is deemed offensive or indecent.
- The recipients will be notified by private message on Facebook on the Wednesday after the Tuesday closing date and asked for their postal address in order to receive their prize. If a recipient does not respond within seven days of being notified, then the Promoters reserve the right to award the prize to another person.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The prizes are subject to availability. The RSPCA may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the prize.
- The Promoters reserve the right at any time to modify these terms and conditions.
- The decision of the Promoters in all matters relating to the giveaway is final and binding and no Correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoters will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages or injury to the fullest extent allowed by law as a result of a person’s entry into the competition or arising as a consequence of accepting the Prize.
- The Walker of the Week giveaway and these terms and conditions will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
By entering this Draw you are agreeing to the Promoters contacting you to notify you in the event you are a chosen to receive the prize and your submitted image will be shared with the RSPCA’s social media audience. Your personal data will be used for no other purpose and will be deleted after the recipients are announced.
For enquiries about data protection procedures and policies contact:
Write to: RSPCA - the Data Protection Compliance Officer, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS.
Terms and conditions for PitPat 2 offer
The £10 off the full price of a PitPat 2 device is only available through www.pitpatpet.com and the discount will only be applied if the discount code MYBIGWALKIES is entered at the checkout.
RSPCA to the fullest extent permitted by law, exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability( whether express or implied) regarding the PitPat 2 product offered through the PitPat site and any correspondence related to the PitPat 2 device should be directed to PitPat through the contact us section on the PitPat website www.pitpatpet.com. This offer is made exclusively by PitPat.
Terms and conditions for My Big Walkies prize draw to win a visit to an RSPCA animal centre
This is run by the RSPCA.
Registered address: Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS. Charity registered in England & Wales 219099 (the "Promoter”).
Entrants will automatically be entered into a prize draw upon registering for the Event and will be deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
- This is free to enter subject to you being a participant for the My Big Walkies event and subject to you having set up a JustGiving Page by 12 June 2018. No purchase is necessary. However the Promoter is a Charity and donations would be much appreciated, however that is not a condition for entry.
- To enter you must: Provide your name and contact details, email address when you register for the My Big Walkies.
- This is open to UK residents aged 16 years and over.
- This is not open to employees of the Promoter / the children or close relatives of the judges / employees of the Promoter.
- The participants who win the prize will be upon notification asked if they consent for their name, photo and location to appear on the Promoter Facebook page and My Big Walkies Facebook group. The winners will be free to either consent to this or not by e-mail.
- The Promoter will not use, or disclose to any third party, any personal details of the entrant or the entrant's parent or legal guardian for any purpose other than to operate the competition and to publicise the winners as set out above.
- This opens for entries from 16 May 2018 through to 12 June 2018.
- Entry closes at 10pm on 12 June. Any entries received by the Promoter after this time will be rejected.
- The winner will be drawn at random by a representative of the Promoter from those eligible to enter. The judges' decision is final; no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize consists of one of three guided tours of an Animal Centre lasting approximately one hour for two people. Travel to the Promoter animal centre and or lunch or snacks are not included. Access to view the animal centre is at the manager’s discretion on the day and the availability of animals is subject to the animals in the Promoter’s care at the time of the visit and the needs of the animals. The date of the visit needs to be booked by 30 September 2018.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the destination to another Promoter animal centre if it is not possible to visit the designated animal centre for any reason and at its sole discretion.
- The winners will be notified by email by 26 June 2018.
- No responsibility is taken by the Promoter for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete for any technical or other reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, modify or supersede this at any time if, in its sole discretion it is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- This shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.