Win our RSPCA Heritage giftware!
On the 1st of October it’s National Day of Older Persons, a day designed to raise awareness of some of the challenges older people face. We at the RSPCA also think it important for pet owners to consider some of the challenges our older pets face too and so we have put together this advice page to help keep your elderly dog happy and healthy.
To celebrate the RSPCA and WIDDOP & Co. are offering two of our lucky followers the chance to win heritage giftware which features imagery of some of the golden oldies in our archive.
For your chance to win the giftware please follow the steps below.
How to enter
Tweet us or comment on our Facebook post with a photo of your golden oldie (perhaps having a snooze, out on a walk or even a ‘then and now’ picture showing how much they have grown since you first got them as a puppy or kitten) and we’ll choose a lucky winner.
Competition image guidelines
We’d love to see all your pictures of your elderly pets for our golden oldie competition! We want our winning photos to depict animals that are as happy, healthy and safe as can be. So before entering your image, take a look at our handy competition guidelines for the happiest pets.
In the image, your pet should be:
- Performing natural behaviour
- Happy when interacting with people and other animals
- Looking healthy (eyes, nose, coat condition, weight, etc)
- In a safe and suitable environment
And finally, please don’t dress your pet up - unless the clothing is for their benefit e.g. to keep them warm. That means no fancy dress!
Thanks for entering, and good luck!
We’d like to say a huge thank you to WIDDOP & Co. for donating the giftware to us for this competition.
Golden Oldies competition terms and conditions
The WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition opens on 1st October 2017 and closes on 6th October 2017.
- The WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition in support of the RSPCA, is open to residents of England and Wales aged 18 and over, subject to (5) below.
- The WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition is jointly organised by WIDDOP & Co. and the RSPCA (“the Promoters”).
- Entry into the WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any entry found not to comply with them will be disqualified. No refunds or allowances will be made in such instances and any prize will be forfeited.
- Photo entries will be accepted on Facebook, by commenting on our post about the Golden Oldies competition, and on Twitter, by replying to our tweet about the competition.
- The WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition is not open to employees of the RSPCA or WIDDOP & Co., their group companies, agents or family members or anyone else professionally connected to the WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- All entries must follow the Competition Image Guidelines as outlined below.
- The WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition closes at 23:59 on 6th October 2107. Entries received after that date and time will not be eligible.
- The winner will be the first name chosen from a random draw of entries by the Promoters. There will be no runners-up or runner-up prizes.
- The winner is entitled to receive a heritage giftware. There is no cash alternative.
- The winner will be notified by private message on the social platform the image was originally shared on, on or before 1st November and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not claim the prize within 28 days of being notified, then the Promoters reserve the right to draw another winner at random.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The prize is subject to availability. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or awarding the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoters who may at their absolute discretion vary or amend the prize draw and the entrant agrees that no liability will attach to the Promoters as a result.
- The Promoters reserve the right at any time to modify these terms and conditions, alter or discontinue this WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition if deemed necessary in their opinion or if circumstances arise outside their control.
- The decision of the Promoters in all matters relating to the WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoters will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages or injury to the fullest extent allowed by law as a result of a person’s entry into the competition or arising as a consequence of accepting the Prize.
- The WIDDOP & Co. Golden Oldies competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
By entering this Draw you are agreeing to the Promoters contacting you to notify you in the event you are a winner and your winning image will be shared with the RSPCA’s and WIDDOP & Co.’s social audience. Your personal data will be used for no other purpose and will be deleted after the winner is announced.
For enquiries about data protection procedures and policies contact:
Write to: RSPCA - the Data Protection Compliance Officer, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS.