Job title Veterinary Nurse
Location: RSPCA Blackberry Farm, Aylesbury
Salary: 20,749.45 per annum
Closing date: 22 June 2018
Hours: 35 hours per week
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
This is an exciting role for the right candidate, reporting to the Centre Veterinary Surgeon and helping to deliver all aspects of veterinary care for the animals at the centre.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Undertaking nursing duties, including theatre and ward as directed by the veterinary surgeon
- Adminstering treatment (eg injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressings, first aid) as directed and where permitted, undertaking minor surgical procedures.
- Dispensing drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and society rules
The successful applicant should have: (qualifications etc):
- Minimum two years experience
- Current registration with the RCVS
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills
- Confidence in dealing with staff in animal welfare matters.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Julie Allen, Animal Centre Manager, RSPCA Blackberry Farm Animal Centre, Quainton, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP22 4RJ quoting reference VN2158 or Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 22 June 2018.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, and employee assistance programme.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area above.
2. Please send your completed application to the address stated above, quoting the reference number provided.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.