Farm Livestock Officer x 2
Job title: Farm Livestock Officer x 2
Location: Home based: 1) Midlands - West & Wales. 2) Northeast England
Salary: £25,185.73 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 26 February 2018
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Providing effective and efficient monitoring of RSPCA Assured scheme members, within a defined geographical area (including primary production, transport and slaughter).
- Providing appropriate guidance to help scheme members achieve and maintain compliance with the RSPCA welfare standards.
- Liaising externally and internally to promote higher welfare farming standards, including through involvement in trials/projects, to further advance farm animal welfare and disseminate relevant information.
The successful applicant should have:
- An HND in agriculture, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- A thorough knowledge and practical experience of a variety of livestock husbandry systems, and knowledge and experience of commercial food animal slaughter is desirable.
- Experience of conducting farm visits, and ideally experience either with farm assurance schemes or in the provision of technical advice to livestock farmers.
- Experience and training in auditing of standards on-farm would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to produce clear detailed technical visit reports.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to: Farm Animals Department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex RH13 9RS or firstname.lastname@example.org reference FLO2107 by the closing date of 26th February 2018.
Interviews will be held on 21st or 22nd March 2018 at RSPCA, Southwater, West Sussex
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address stated above, quoting the reference number provided.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.