Animal Care Assistant
Job title: Animal Care Assistant
Location: Great Ayton Animal Centre
Salary: £8,755.77 per annum and 4% shift allowance
Hours: 17.5 hours per week ( to include every weekend and two weekdays worked over a four week rota
Closing date: 23 February 2018
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals.
The main responsibilities of the post include: To provide all aspects of care for the animals in the centre. The post holder will be required to establish good customer relations and maintain administration procedures in use.
The successful applicant should have GCSE or equivalent education, good communication skills, sound literacy and numeracy skills and be a team player.
NVQ level 2 in small animal care is desirable as is experience of domestic animal care and husbandry from working in the animal care / welfare industry and experience of working with the general public.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to: Debbie Fowle, Centre Manager, RSPCA Great Ayton animal centre, Yarm Lane, Great Ayton, Nr. Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS9 6QB quote ref number ACA2293 Tel: 0300 123 0743 by the closing date of 23rd February 2018.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address stated above, quoting the reference number provided.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.