Veterinary Nurse (Maternity Cover)
Job title: Veterinary Nurse (maternity cover)
Location: Merthyr Tydfil
Salary: £21,164.44 per annum
Closing date: Friday 15th March 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Nurse to join the Clinic in Merthyr Tydfil for a 12 month maternity cover. you will be joining our veterinary team helping with nursing, anaesthetics and reception duties.
This role is fundamental to allow us to continue to provide veterinary care for both owned animals and animals brought in by the inspectorate.
What you'll be doing:
- Undertake nursing duties as directed including theatre and ward(s)
- Administer treatments (Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 Schedule 3 procedures e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, first aid, euthanasia) as directed, and where permitted undertake minor surgical procedures
- Triage patients for the attention of the veterinary surgeon
- Maintain up to date and accurate clinical records
- Dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines clinic rules
- Cleaning and maintenance of all surgical areas, wards, theatres and x ray rooms
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of veterinary equipment and machinery (eg radiography, endoscopy and dental) and sterilisation of surgical instruments
- Check machinery and other equipment as part of pre-ops and provide assistance to thevet as necessary during operations
- As required nursing of in-patients
- Ensure that all clients of the clinic receive accurate itemised bills at the time of treatment and keep full records of these
- Undertake continuing professional and personal development associated with the role
- Undertake duties of a Animal Care Assistant and provide support as needed
- Veterinary nursing qualification
- 2 years nursing experience
What’s in it for you:
You’ll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees’ contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
How to apply:
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form to: Jon Fitzmaurice, Merthyr Clinic, ABercanaid ind est, Merthyr Tydfil, Mid Glam, CF48 1YF or email@example.com quoting reference 2972 by the closing date of Friday 15th March 2019.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of our organisation. We seek to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area above.
2. Please send your completed application to the address stated above, quoting the reference number provided.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.