Veterinary Surgeon, Maternity Cover, Part Time, 14 hours PW
Job title: Veterinary Surgeon (part-time, 12 months fixed term contract - maternity cover)
Location: Ashley Heath, Ringwood
Salary: £14,881.91 +4% Shift Allowance
Hours: 14 hours per week, Temporary Assignment, up to 12 months maternity cover
Closing date: 27 February 2018
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
To medically and surgically assess and treat animals presented at RSPCA premises in accordance to the standards and policies laid down by the RSPCA and RCVS.
This is an exciting role for the right candidate offering a varied caseload including:
- Dealing with the inspectorate cruelty cases.
- Neutering, dentals and soft tissue surgery etc for the animals in the care of the centre.
You will need (qualifications etc):
- Member of RCVS.
- Post qualification experience in small animal practice desirable.
- Please refer to the Job description and person specification attached.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Sheila Vernon, Animal Centre Manager, RSPCA Ashley Heath, Horton Road, Ringwood, Hants BH24 2ET. Or Call 0300 123 0749 quoting reference VS2041. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 27 February 2018
NB This is not a 'live in' position.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address stated above, quoting the reference number provided.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.