Deputy Shop Manager Richmond Part Time, FTC
Deputy Shop Manager Richmond Part Time 10 hpw, 3 months fixed term contract
Salary: £5,003.30 per annum pro-rated
Hours: 10 hours per week including Sundays
Closing date: Friday 23 February 2018
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- This role is for a deputy manager on a 3 month contract. The role on offer is a rewarding position which combines variety and challenge in a people focussed, energetic and competitive environment. As the RSPCA continue to expand their chain of charity shops you will be expected to lead, and be part of an exciting team making a direct contribution towards animal welfare.
- Leading a diverse team of volunteers you will be required to maintain a high standard of merchandising and display, and ensure the stock process flows smoothly and efficiently in order to achieve given sales and Gift Aid targets. You will be required to be pro-active in the generation of sufficient donated stock, and able to manage a selection of bought in goods, with the aim of maximising profits.
The Successful applicant should be:
- The successful candidate will be able to show commercial awareness, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and possess a flexible and adaptable attitude when working under pressure.
- Good time management and organisational skills are a must.
Application forms are available in our shop or they can be downloaded from the RSPCA website, or you can write, quoting the reference no to: Julia Brown, Retail, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, West Sussex, RH13 9RS.
Completed application forms should be sent to the above address, quoting the above reference. Please note that CV's will not be accepted.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address stated above, quoting the reference number provided.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.