Animal Care Assistant Blackberry Farm
Job title: Animal Care Assistant
Location: RSPCA Blackberry Farm Animal Centre
Salary: £14,167 to £14,808 plus 10 % shift allowance
Hours: 35 hours per week (including weekends)
Closing date: 23 December 2016
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
We are looking for a Full time Animal Care Assistant to join the team at Blackberry Farm Animal Centre. Providing care for all animals in the Centre, establishing good customer relations and maintaining administration and health and safety procedures in use.
The role of an Animal Care Assistant is a physically demanding position.
- Cleaning of animal accommodation for all domestic species and wildlife to the required standard set by the RSPCA. Prepare and provide food and water for all animals in the establishment.
- Perform regular health checks on all animals and give medical treatments as prescribed by the centres consulting Veterinary Surgeon. The implanting of microchips and completion of microchip records.
- Attend to the needs of the individual animals including providing exercise/socialisation and grooming for all animal within the care of the centre.
- Communicating with supporters/adopters, staff and volunteers both face to face, by phone and email.
- Completing all relevant animal paperwork and updating the centres computer data base for all animals held on site.
You will need (qualifications etc):
Experience working with domestic animals. Good animal handling skills are essential.
The successful applicant will have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel etc is essential.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can apply in writing, to: Paula Flitney, RSPCA Blackberry Farm, Quainton, Aylesbury, HP22 4RJ quoting reference ACA1475. We do not accept CVs.
Please send completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 23 December 2016.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
gistered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.