Animal Collection Officer (Night Driver) FTC
Job title: Animal Collection Officer (Night Driver) fixed term contract
Location: Manchester and Liverpool RSPCA groups N3 and N4
Salary: £15,536 per annum plus 8% shift allowance
Hours: 35 hours per week covering nights (4 nights on 4 nights off)
Closing date: 4 November 2016
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
To humanely collect, rescue and transport animals, giving first aid as required, and accommodate within Society approved accommodation. Euthanase animals where required.
To assist Inspectors with the removal and collection of animals and accommodate as directed.
The successful applicant should have:
- Basic level of literacy and numeracy to be able to follow written instructions and maintain pocket notebook
- Animal handling experience
- Full, current driving licence
- Ability to swim
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence in own abilities
- Ability to work alone under own initiative
- Ability to work unsociable hours
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Chief Inspector Simon Small, RSPCA Group Office, PAWS Centre, York Street, Wigan, WN3 4BY. simon.small @rspca.org.uk quoting reference ACON1364. We do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to the above address by the closing date of: 28 October 2016
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Standard Disclosure provided by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) together with a driving assessment.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.