Deputy Shop Manager Chepstow
- Supporting the Shop Manager in all aspects of the operational running of the Society Shop
- Responsibility for opening and closing of the shop in Manager’s absence.
- Achieving sales targets and running a cost-effective operation within set budgets.
- Assisting the Manager with stock generation procedures and managing stock flow efficiently.
- Administration and accounting as requested by the Shop Manager.
- Ensure adequate instruction given to all volunteers in the policies, procedures and best practice in accordance with health and safety welfare.
- In Manager’s absence ensure banking of all monies is undertaken on a daily basis.
- In the absence of the Shop Manager undertake the duties outlined in their job description.
- Successfully merchandising a wide range of goods.
- Promoting the work of the RSPCA.
- Attend as required management meetings and development training courses and undertake any other duties as requested or required.
The successful applicant should have:
- Previous experience of running or assisting to run a retail outlet.
- Good customer service skills
- Experience of running a charity shop and/or managing volunteers would be an advantage.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.