Receptionist Harmsworth Hosptial
Location: Harmsworth Animal Hospital
Salary: £17,134.59 plus £3800 London Waiting
Hours: 35 hours Monday to Friday
Closing date: 7 July 2017
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised and empathetic individual with excellent customer service and communication skills. This role is crucial to ensure efficient running of our hospital, which treats the animals who are most in need. You will be dealing with clients and their animals as well as providing support to our Inspectorate and branch network.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- To provide exceptional customer service to our clients, branch and Inspectorate users.
- Receive incoming telephone calls from the general public, the Inspectorate and RSPCA colleagues and resolve or refer enquiries as appropriate.
- To assess clients’ eligibility to receive veterinary services
- To provide general reception and administrative duties for the hospital
- To provide advice and updates to clients -once appropriately trained
- To book and manage appointments and the diary
- Ensure the waiting area is clean and hygienic throughout the day and to oversee any reception displays and information.
- To follow up on overdue payments.
The successful applicant should:
- Be an experienced and empathetic customer service professional.
- Have excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with clients in challenging circumstances.
- Be used to working as part of a large team.
- Preferably have experience of training other team members in reception and customer service skills.
- Be highly organised and tidy.
- Be confident dealing with and discussing money and charges.
- Veterinary reception experience would be preferred.
- Be confident using all standards computer software, experience with Google suite would be an advantage.
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Alternatively, you can request an application from: Annick Landais, RSPCA Harmsworth, 22 Sonderburg Road, London N7 7QD- Email : email@example.com. We do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
Please send your completed application form quoting Reference RS1828 to the above address or by email by the closing date of 7July 2017 (Email prefered).
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.