Animal Care Assistant (Fixed-Term Contract)
Part-time Animal Care Assistant up to12 months Fixed Term Contract
Location: Ashley Heath Animal Centre
Salary: £11,015.019 per annum + 4% Shift Allowance
Hours: 22.5 hrs per week (will include 2 out of 4 weekends)
Closing date: 6 October 2017
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales. Our purpose as the RSPCA is to end cruelty and promote kindness to animals and to alleviate their suffering.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- Providing care for animals in the centre
- Establishing good customer relations and maintaining administration procedures.
- The successful candidate must have a keen interest in animal welfare and be able to work within a busy team.
The role will include working with all animals at the centre.
You will need:
- A good basic level of education, have good communications skills and enjoy working with customers and volunteers.
- Previous experience working with a wide range of domestic animals would be an advantage and the ability to work within a team.
- The applicant would need to live within travelling distance to the Centre as there is no accommodation provided.
You will work on a 4 week rosta to include bank holidays and two weekends in four.
The successful applicant should have: (qualifications etc): NVQ 2 or similar in animal care desirable
An application form and job description can be downloaded from this web page. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Please send your completed application form to Sheila Vernon, Animal Centre Manager, RSPCA Ashley Heath Animal Centre, Horton Rd, Ashley Heath, Ringwood BH24 2ET by the closing date of: 6 October 2017. Interviews will be held on 24 October 2017. We cannot accept applications by e mail.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
Registered in England and Wales, number 219099
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.
How to apply..
1. Download a detailed job description and application form from the downloads area below.
2. Please send your completed application to the address on the application form quoting the reference number on the front of the envelope.
3. Completed application forms only will be accepted, which must be received by the closing date.
4. Please note that as a charity, in order to contain costs, we are unable to acknowledge individual applications.
5. If you have not received a letter within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.