How you can help
The branch is self-funding and run entirely by volunteers so we are always in need of people to help us continue the re-home animals in Reading and the surrounding areas. Whether you want to foster animals in your own home, run a fundraising event or take part in a street collection, there are lots of opportunities for you to help the branch provide the best care for animals in the Reading area.
Please see below and the menu on the right hand side to find out more about how you can help us. Thank you!
Make a purchase from one of our Amazon Wish Lists…
And support our work to rehome unwanted animals:
- Items for DOGS in our care : We are currently unable to look after dogs at our Branch
- Items for RABBITS in our care can be found here
- Items for CATS in our care can be found here
Make a financial donation
The branch is entirely self-funding. We need over £90,000 a year to continue to look after animals in need but we receive no aid from the Government or National Lottery. We rely totally on donations from the public, and regular gifts by standing order are especially welcome. There are a number of ways you can make a donation:
- We shall soon be using Wonderful.org so that supporters can donate towards current fundraising events or make a direct donation (this message added 22/9/19).
- By text – send PAWS33 £[and the amount you would like to donate] in a text message to 70070 e.g. PAWS33 £10
- By post - send a cheque to: RSPCA Reading with Oxon Border Branch, P O Box 8184, Reading, RG6 9PS
We are always very happy to receive animal food, blankets, towels and newspapers to help our fosterers look after the animals in our care. Please contact us if you have items you would like to donate
Leave a legacy
It could make a real difference to local animal welfare if you would remember us in your Will – please specify RSPCA Reading with Oxon Border, registered charity number 0251482, as the beneficiary.