Location: - Whitley Bay
Job Sector: -Retail
Employment Type: Full time/Part time Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours/ 21 hours
If you are looking to work with a great retail team which helps support animals locally in the area, we’re looking for self-motivated retail managers with great excellent communication skills to join us at our Whitley Bay shop.
In this role you will work closely with the Branch Manager to manage the day-today activities in one of our charity shops.
To succeed in the role, you will need to:
- be a great communicator - a big and vitally important part of the role is to provide great customer service and be the face of our Charity in the local community.
- have good prioritisation and organisational skills – no two days are the same in our shops so it helps if you are a good multi-tasker.
- enjoy working in a trading environment – where you can show creativity and people skills to make your weekly targets.
As a Shop Manager you will be a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills and understand and be inspired by the challenges of charity retailing. You will manage staff, volunteers, premises and stock to provide a high quality of customer service and push sales to achieve targets.
We are keen to hear from candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Achieving sales and profit targets
- Stock control and stock generation
- Management of staff and volunteers
- An understanding of health and safety
- Recruitment and training
- Merchandising / Creative Skills
Our shops are one of the most important ways in which we raise money to support animals locally. These animals, through no fault of their own, they have suffered abuse, starvation, abandonment and general neglect, so when working in one of our shops, you’re not just helping us to raise much needed funds, but helping to improve the lives of these precious animals.
To be successful in this role you’ll have the commercial awareness to deliver sales and meet deadlines combined with ability to plan and prioritise. Knowledge of antique furniture or bric-a-brac would be an advantage. You will have proven team leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of volunteers. It is essential that you enjoy engaging with people, you have a positive can do attitude and a good understanding of financial and IT administration.
To apply for an application form, please email
Debbie Wray – firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 17th January 2018