Spay/snip and microchip your cat for only £15
To mark World Spay Day (Tuesday, 27 February) we are working with Cats Protection Guildford & Godalming Branch to offer low-cost cat spay/snip for both male and female cats in Guildford and the surrounding area; if you live outside our catchment area, contact your local RSPCA or Cats Protection to see if they are subsiding neutering.
We are subsidising the price so it costs you just £15 to have your cat neutered and microchipped (price is for a standard, straightforward spay/snip).
This offer is open to anyone as we want to neuter as many cats as possible to tackle the on-going problem of unwanted kittens in the area.
Research from the latest PDSA Animal Wellbeing (PAW) Report suggests that many pet owners are left literally ‘holding the baby’ due to the rate of unplanned litters, so the timing of spaying is crucial - kittens can be spayed from four months.
“Cats can get pregnant while they are still kittens, which is why we advise that cats are spayed before they start to venture outdoors, said RSPCA Guildford & District Branch Trustee Ann Winter.
“Many people believe that cats should be allowed to have a litter of kittens before being spayed, but this simply isn’t true - the sooner a cat has been spayed, vaccinated and microchipped, the sooner she can do all the things cats enjoy doing, like exploring the outside world.
“Crucially it also gives you as the owner peace of mind that you have done everything you can to ensure the welfare of your pet.”
Do not miss out on the unique opportunity to have your cat snipped and chipped at a fraction of the normal cost. The offer is only available for a period of time whilst dedicated funding lasts, so whatever age your cat is, don’t miss out!
How the offer works
- You need to live in our branch catchment area.
- Simply contact one of the vets listed below to book an appointment, quoting the reference GBWSD.
- You will need to pay just £15.
- Don’t delay – this offer runs for a limited time only and is open to both male and female cats.
- Alders, 137 Worplesdon Road, Guildford, GU29XA. 01483 536036
- Brookmead, Horsham Road, Cranleigh, GU68DL. 01483 274242
- Cape, 174 Epsom Road, Merrow, GU1 2RR. 01483 538990
- Godalming Veterinary Surgery, Station Approach, GU71EU. 01483 422644
- Hunters Lodge, Woodbridge Hill, Guildford, GU2 9AD. 01483 570782
- Oak Barn, Tilehouse Barn, East Shalford Lane, Guildford, GU48AE. 01483 455355
- Pet Doctors, 81 Epsom Road, Guildford, GU13PA. 01483 566322
- Pet Doctors, 1 Station Row, Shalford, GU48BY. 01483 502057
- Pet Doctors, 67 Meadrow, Godalming, GU73HS. 01483 421102
- Pet Doctors, 1 Wildnerness Road, Onslow Village, GU27QR. 01483 300488
- Rivendell, 24 St Johns Street, Farncombe, GU73EJ. 01483 421833
- Stoctons, Stocton Close, Guildford, GU11HR. 01483 575155
- Woodside Veterinary Clinic, Woodside Road, Chiddingfold,GU84QD. 01428 685656
- Yewtree, Horsham Road, Cranleigh, GU68DP. 01483 275665
- For other participating vets please call 07906 924002.
You can read more about cat neutering here.