We need Fabulous Fosterers and Amazing Volunteers!
Become a fosterer
Could you foster an orphaned animal? We pay for food and vets bills whilst they are in your care awaiting their fur ever home...
We urgently need fosterers in the Chiltern area...
We rely on fosterers to provide temporary homes for the animals in our care.... We need more people willing to open up their homes to dogs and cats looking for a fresh start in life.
Animal fostering is an important role. It helps to play a vital part in the rehabilitation of animals and helps improve their chance of finding a new home.
Many animals that we take in have either suffered or are not used to the care and affection that they deserved. Living with a foster family helps to provide them with one-to-one care. Allowing them to build up their confidence and get used to a normal lifestyle.
Other animals don't cope well in an animal centre environment. This is where we need people to take them in to provide them with a real home, even if it is only on a temporary basis.
Fostering animals can also be a pleasurable experience. It’s rewarding to know that you played a key part in the rehoming process when a foster animal is successfully rehomed. It also gives people who would normally be unable to take in an animal long term due to other commitments, with an alternative.
We are unable to take in as many animals as we need to due to lack of fosterers. Please call or email Kay Prior if you are able to foster for us and give these unwanted animals a second chance and fresh start. Kaychilternrspca@hotmail.com 01296 733255 or 07748 014572
We are a separately registered branch of the RSPCA and responsible for raising funds locally, so the Branch heavily relies on the support of donations from the public to fund its work.
The Chiltern Branch helps to support the National Society who maintains uniformed Inspectors to help prevent animal cruelty in the Chiltern area. Remember, if you give direct to the RSPCA Chiltern Branch, the money helps local animals.
Become a Volunteer
We urgently need some help and support in the following areas:
- Event Research - Finding out where appropriate events are being held in the Chilterns so that we can pitch a stall to raise both funds and awareness.
- Researching local companies and the appropriate contact to raise sponsorship /donations /fundrasing assistance (I'm sure they won't mind a call from us...)
- Manning our Stalls which will house volunteer application forms, Branch newsletters, Branch information, small items to sell and our rehoming board which shows animals looking for their forever homes.
- Fundraising Assistance - have you a couple of hours free per week to help us with fundraising? Roles include those detailed below. Please contact Charlotte on email@example.com
- Shop Volunteers - Aylesbury shop and Buckingham shop - Cambridge Street, Aylesbury and Market Sqaure in Buckingham. Have you a few hours per week on a Monday or Wednesday to help us serve our valued customers, sort donations and prepare items for the shop floor? Please email Cherry - firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We are always looking for donations of clothing, bric a brac, CDs, DVDs, books and small items of furniture to sell in our shops in Aylesbury and Buckingham. If you are unable to bring donations to the shop, we can collect (locally). Just contact us by phone or email or pop into the shops and ask about a collection. The RSPCA Chiltern Branch welcomes donations from local shops and businesses.
Local Money = Local Animals There are a number of ways you can help us. You could become a Volunteer, or you could help financially by giving:
- monthly or annually by standing order
- a one-off donation.
For details, please contact the Branch via email@example.com and we can send you a form.
Remember, if you are a UK tax payer, the government will increase your donation by nearly a third – but only if you complete and sign a Gift Aid form:
You can complete the following and send to us with your donation whether it be a standing order or a one-time gift.