Volunteer Opportunity - Branch Secretary
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Anglesey (Ynys Mon) Branch.
As a Branch Secretary, you would be in an essential volunteer role as the principal communications trustee, managing and maintaining the administrative affairs of our branch. Using your expertise and skills, you will be able to influence how we care for and prevent cruelty to animals and drive the implementation of key initiatives.
Primary responsibilities of the Branch Secretary
- To act as the primary contact point for all branch communications with the national Society, the branch committee and the branch membership.
- Arrange branch meetings, ensure accurate minutes are taken and distributed in accordance with branch rules.
- Ensure all branch committee decisions are implemented and actions completed.
- Arrange the branch AGM including the compilation and distribution of the annual report, nominations and agenda in line with the strict timetable laid down in the branch rules.
- Arrange the timely dissemination of the contents of all correspondence and literature received by the branch, ensuring availability to all committee members, and reply to all branch correspondence where necessary.
- Order and distribute RSPCA stationery, leaflets, posters and other fundraising and promotional material.
- Liaise with the Branch support specialist (BSS) and group chief inspector and notify them of all branch meetings.
- Advise the BSS of all changes to branch facilities, services and contact details.
- In the absence of the membership secretary, assume responsibility for the maintenance of the branch membership list.
- Submit recommendations for national Society awards to the BSS, in accordance with the wishes of the committee.
Further details about the role can be found here.
We hope you are interested in volunteering for our branch! For more information, details on how to apply and for an application form, please contact us via email at: