About West Hatch Wildlife Centre
West Hatch has some of the best wildlife rehabilitation facilities in the country, with over 120 rooms and specifically designed enclosures.
Our facilities include:
- A fully equipped veterinary examination room and operating theatre.
- A full range of intensive care units and rooms that can be individually controlled to provide correct conditions.
- An extensive range of indoor and outdoor pools for birds and seals.
- Large waterfowl paddocks.
- A bat flight to prepare bats for release.
- More than 25 large outdoor aviaries, long exercise aviaries used for assessing flight in birds as well as seclusion and release aviaries to ensure the best chance of survival after release.
- An oiled seabird cleaning room and tank for assessing the fitness of seabirds.
- Large paddocks for holding badgers and deer.
- A classroom for educational visits and training.
Behind the scenes
Find out about our rehabilitation work with seals in our behind the scenes YouTube video.